Kheer with an absolutely distinct and delicious flavour, a very rich and creamy texture obtained from dal.
Urad dal and kheer both have significance in shraddh. So it’s wonderful to combine both the elements by making urad dal ki kheer.so heres the combo urad dal ki kheer recipe.
I have added lots of nuts. You can be choosy.
Further you can also add little condensed milk for a creamier consistency. Though the dal releases its starch which makes the kheer full on creamy.
1. Grind the urad dal
3. Sieve the grinded dal. Remove the powdered dal
4. Heat 1/2 tsp ghee
5. Add the grinded coarse urad dal
6. Fry on low heat till golden brown
7. To this, add 1-litre milk
8. Let it cook till the dal gets soft. This will take 50-60 minutes
9. Add 1/4 cup sugar. Keep stirring the urad dal ki kheer
10. Add the saffron dissolved in milk to the urad dal ki kheer
11. Add powder of 6 green cardamoms and handful of each… chopped almonds, chopped cashews, chopped pistachio, raisins, chironji to the urad dal ki kheer
12. Simmer for 5 minutes
13. Bon appétit and enjoy this urad dal ki kheer recipe
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback