A delicious combination of yogurt and fruits is fruit curd. It is a very simple and quick dessert recipe. I love this dessert recipe as it comes into being in no time, can be customized, looks so classy and tempting. Also can be relished during fasts, can be prepared for parties. What else can you ask for from any recipe?
Good quality yogurt is essential for fruit curd recipe. You can use store bought yogurt but it will be better to use the homemade one, just hang it for a couple of hours for a creamier version. Fruits and nuts can be added as per your choice and availability. You can flavor it with cardamom, saffron, etc.
Serve it as a dessert on a fasting day.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
• 1 and 1/2 cup yogurt (dahi)
• 3/4 cup powdered sugar (adjust as per taste)
• 8-10 saffron strands (dissolved in 1 tbsp warm milk)
• 1 tbsp chopped almonds (badaam)
• 1 tbsp chopped pistachios (pista)
• 1 and 1/2 cup chopped fruits (1/2 cup chopped apples, chopped mangoes and pomegranate seeds, each)
• A handful of chopped nuts for garnishing
• A handful of chopped fruits for garnishing
1. Take 1 and 1/2 cup curd in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar and saffron milk to the curd.
3. Mix well all the ingredients for a smooth slush.
4. Add 1 tbsp chopped almonds and 1 tbsp chopped pistachios.
5. Add 1.5 cup chopped fruits. And mix everything.
6. Garnish with chopped nuts and fruits. Bon appétit!
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback