Absolutely soft, moist and chocolaty cake prepared with easily available ingredients, without any eggs, is this Eggless Chocolate Cake. The beauty of this Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe is that it doesn’t call for any special ingredients. The recipe does not use condensed milk or any other ingredient that is not generally available in our pantry. Further no special equipment is needed. I have used a whisk to whip up the liquid ingredients and a sieve for the dry ones. Thereafter just combining the liquid ingredients with the dry ones and baking does all the magic. This cake can be served as it is or can be taken to an altogether different level by frosting etc. I have just poured some chocolate ganache. However, you can serve it without any ganache.
Flour: I have used only all-purpose flour to make this eggless chocolate cake. Using whole wheat flour or a combination of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour will change the texture of the cake.
Milk and vinegar: Buttermilk works as the substitute for eggs in this cake recipe. To make buttermilk, little vinegar is added to milk. It is important that the milk should not be cold. The mixture is left for 5 minutes. And used for this recipe.
Cocoa Powder: The chocolate cake is as good as the cocoa powder used to make it. It is very important to use very good quality cocoa powder.
Vanilla, salt: These are the other flavoring agents used for this eggless chocolate cake recipe.
Oil: Oil has been used. However, you can also use melted butter instead of oil.
Sugar: Granulated sugar has been used to sweeten the cake.
You might also like the eggless chocolate truffle cake, Funfetti cake, eggless cupcakes, etc. These cakes can be prepared for celebrations or any special occasion. The recipes for these also are very simple and can be tried by one and all.
It can be served as a dessert after dinner on a weekend.
P.S. This cake was prepared to celebrate ten thousand followers on our Instagram handle. Hope you are a part of our insta family. If not, just click the given link and join us there.
Here is the mentioned link: https://www.instagram.com/viniscookbook/
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 30-40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 45-55 minutes
• 1 and ½ cup all purpose flour (maida)
• ½ cup cocoa powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tsp vinegar
• ½ cup oil
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 cup chocolate ganache (optional)
1. This recipe makes one 8” round cake or two 6” round cakes.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C or 160°C (for convection or fan based ovens). Line and grease an 8 inch cake pan.
3. Mix 1 cup milk and 2 tsp of vinegar.
4. Leave it for 5 minutes. This will be the buttermilk.
5. In a mixing bowl sieve together 1 and ½ cup of all purpose flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp baking soda.
6. Sieve from a height for better crumb.
7. In another mixing bowl, take the buttermilk. Add 1 cup granulated sugar. Mix using a whisk attachment or hand whisk. I had used hand whisk.
8. Whisk till the sugar is completely dissolved.
9. Next add in ½ cup oil.
10. Mix it till it is well incorporated.
11. Next add in ½ tsp of vanilla extract.
12. Mix everything. Add 2 tbsp of water and mix.
13. Pour in greased and lined cake tin.
14. Bake at 180°C or 160°C (for convection or fan based ovens) for 40 minutes.
15. Check the cake. Take out once done.
16. Let it cool down for 10-12 minutes.
17. De-mold it.
18. Once it is completely cool, frost it or pour chocolate ganache.
19. Serve. Bon appetite.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback