This is the closest substitute of dal ka halwa. Daanedar, grainy is the English word for it. Besan ka halwa recipe is a delicious daanedar halwa made of besan. The method of making besan ka halwa as per this recipe is absolutely different. And it gives an awesome texture to the dish.
Gram Flour (besan): Regular gram flour has been used.
Milk: Gram and milk are mixed to make a batter.
Ghee (clarified butter): The quantity of ghee is critical for the recipe. Do not cut it down.
Sugar: Can be adjusted as per taste.
Halwa is a very commonly prepared dessert. Sooji ka halwa is the most common halwa prepared in Indian households. Likewise, karah prasad is indispensable preparation at the Gurudwaras.
Besan ka halwa can be served with masala poori for a weekend breakfast.
1. In a bowl take 1 cup gram flour.
2. Gradually add 1 cup milk to it to make a smooth batter.
3. Leave it for 5 minutes.
4. In a heavy flat bottom pan, heat 1/3 cup ghee.
5. Pour the gram flour and milk batter.
6. Cook till the bottom turns golden brown. This will take 2-3 minutes
7. Once it turns golden brown, flip it and cook from the other side too till its golden brown
8. Mash it well.
9. Mash it finely.
10. Cook it till the entire moisture dries. Cook it on a low flame. It will take good 13-15 minutes.
11. Cook till it becomes grainy.
12. Add 1 cup water.
13. Add 1 cup sugar.
14. Stir it continuously till the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
15. Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and garnish with chopped pistachio.
16. Bon appétit!
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback