Crumbled khaman with pomegranate, fresh coconut, coriander leaves, tempered with mustard seeds and green chilies and finished with lots of sev is sev khamani or amiri khaman. This is basically an extension of khaman dhokla, which is a very popular Gujarati snack prepared using gram flour (besan). It can be served for breakfast or can be packed for kids’ tiffin as it remains moist and appetizing even after few hours.
The serving dish used here is by Nestasia. Nestasia has a wide range of serve ware, cookware, bakeware, and more. The very stylish crockery is just perfect to add spark to your kitchen and dining table. You can shop for the products here. And this is where you can find this particular serving dish.
Khaman and garnishings are the main ingredients followed by a simple tempering. Pomegranate arils, shredded coconut, and chopped coriander give flavors and colors to Amiri Khaman. Try not to skip any of these. Even if you don’t like either of them, you’ll love it in the dish. I did not have raw mangoes so I had to skip that.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
1. Take 16 pieces of khaman dhokla. I have prepared instant khaman dhokla using this recipe.
2. Add ½ cup water to the khaman. Make sure you don’t add excess water.
3. Leave it for 2 minutes. Let the water get absorbed by the khaman.
4. Empty the moist khaman in a large bowl and crumble it.
5. Add ½ cup pomegranate seeds.
6. Add ½ cup shredded fresh coconut.
7. Add 3-4 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
8. Prepare the tadka. For that: Heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add 1 tsp mustard it and let it crackle. Add 1 tsp crushed garlic and a sprig of curry leaves. Cook for 10-20 seconds.
9. Add 1 slit green chili. Cook for 10 seconds. The chili should get tender.
10. Add the tempering to the Amiri Khaman and mix everything well
11. Finish with a handful of Sev. Bon appetit!
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback