Soft and juicy apple topped with a crumbly mixture, flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, having the crunch of oats, makes a perfect breakfast or dessert and is called the Apple Crumble. There are a number of ways to flavor and customize apple crumble. I have used my favorite flavor combination i.e. apple and cinnamon. And something that always compliments the sweetness, i.e. Vanilla. For the topping, I have used the classic crumble made with flour, butter, and sugar, along with some oats. Further, I have prepared the apple crumble as single servings. You can make a large batch. Apple crumble can be served as breakfast or even as a dessert.
Following explains the ingredients required to make the apple crumble, how the ingredients should be used, and what can be used instead of the same?
Apples: Certainly your apple crumble will be as good as your apples. Use fresh, ripened, and juicy apples to make the apple crumble. I have chopped the apples as I had prepared the crumble for a smaller serving. If you are making these in the baking dish or baking casserole, slice the apples. Chopped or sliced, certainly, the apples should be peeled.
Flour, sugar, and butter: These ingredients make the classic crumble. Along with these I have also added in a handful of oats. I had quick-cooking oats and therefore I have used those. You can also use the rolled oats. Further, you can also add in biscuits, nuts, coconut flakes, chocolate, etc as per your liking. You can use brown sugar instead of granulated one.
Flavorings: Nothing compliments the taste of apple crumble as cinnamon does. Therefore I have flavored the apples with some cinnamon powder. I also added a little sugar to sweeten the apples. Further, I had flavored the crumble with some vanilla.
I love to use fruits for various recipes. That doesn’t make eating fruits a monotonous task. You might like recipes using apple such as apple cinnamon smoothie, apple milkshake, apple halwa. Likewise, there are a number of recipes using fruits. The same has been clubbed in one place. You can check them here.
The leftover apple crumble can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for up to 3 days. You can re-heat it by putting in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Serve it for a weekday breakfast.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
To prepare apples:
2 large apples, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (dal chini) powder
To make crumble:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cold butter (cut into small pieces)
1. This recipe serves 4 persons.
2. To prepare the apples, in a mixing bowl add the 2 chopped apples.
3. Add in 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder, and 2 tbsp of sugar.
4. Spread it in a baking dish or 4 large muffin molds or 6 regular muffin molds.
5. To make the crumble, in a mixing bowl add in 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup cold butter cut into small pieces.
6. Mix the butter with the other ingredients till it gets crumbly.
7. Add a handful of crumble in the molds on the apples.
8. Bake these at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or till the crust gets golden. If you are baking in a baking dish, it will take 30-40 minutes.
9. Serve. Bon appetite.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback