Masala Poori Recipe With Step By Step Pictures And A Quick Recipe Video
What is Masala Poori?
A very flavorful poori with the hint of various spices such as carom seeds, fenugreek leaves, fennel seeds and many more is Masala Poori. It makes a great breakfast option as it can be served with any achaar or simple tea. It can also be taken while traveling as it has a good shelf life.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Masala Poori Recipe
Masala poori is a combination of whole wheat flour and few spices. Masala puri should puff up. The dough should be semi-stiff. More stiff than that of rotis and softer than that of samosas! Take care not to roll it too thin. Adding hot oil while making the dough also helps in this!
Masala Poori Recipe
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
Ingredients for Masala Poori Recipe
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (aata)
- 2 tbsp semolina (sooji)
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour (Besan)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek seed (kasoori methi)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp hot oil + Oil for frying
How to make Masala Poori
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Mix everything.
- Now add 2 tbsp hot oil and mix.
- Use water to knead a dough.
- The dough should be semi-stiff.
- The dough has been punched a lot during kneading. It’s tired. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, re-punch the dough.
- Make into balls and flatten them.
- Roll into poori.
- Deep-fry in hot oil till golden.
- Bon appétit.
COLLECTION OF POORI RECIPES:
Collection of Indian deep fried flattened bread(pooris). These recipes can be prepared and served any time during the day and universally matches up with a lot of gravies.
For recipes of Pooris Click HERE.
Watch Video – Masala Poori Recipe | How to Make Masala Poori
User Review( votes)