The dough should be semi-stiff. Masala Poori Recipe or masala puri… puffed Indian bread with lots of flavors!
Husband: What is for dinner?
Wife: Aloo ki sabji…
Husband: Yaaar…………. (Husband is not amused with the menu)
Wife: (judging husband’s mood) …with masala poori and boondi raayta
Husband: Wow nice!
Wife: (feeling smart)
Yes, Masala Poori Recipe is one item that can pep up any meal. It goes so well with potato gravies, paneer gravies, chana gravies etc. Even if you have no gravies it will be a hit with raaytas, pickles and ketchup. Even if you don’t have raayta/pickle/ketchup (what are you? bachelor? Poor bachelor ??) have with a cup of tea. Okay can’t make tea also then just roll it and gallop.
You guys have doubt on How to make soft and puffy Masala puri. No need to worry the step by step process of masala puri is given below. Go through mouth-watering Bathua poori or Dal poori recipe also.
Masala puri should puff up. The dough should be semi-stiff. More stiff than that of rotis and softer than that of samosas! Take care not to roll it too thin. Adding hot oil while making the dough also helps in this!
Recipe of Masala Poori allows you to play with the masalas, play as in not play literally… you know what I mean. I mean you can customise the spices. You can add fresh coriander/green chillies etc.
Team it up with masala chai on a rainy day, chana masala for a Sunday brunch, butter paneer masala for a special dinner (though butter naan is my favourite for this, but for the sake of giving ideas).
If you are a poori lover, you’ll definitely love aloo puri.
MASALA POORI RECIPE | MASALA PURI
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 15 Minutes
Servings 4 Persons
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA POORI
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (aata)
- 2 tbsp semolina (sooji)
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek seed (kasoori methi)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp hot oil + Oil for frying
HOW TO MAKE MASALA POORI
- In a large bowl or deep plate add 2 cup whole wheat flour (aata),
- 2 tbsp semolina (sooji),
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour (besan),
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1 tsp red chilli powder,
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder,
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain),
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf),
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek seed (kasoori methi) and salt to taste.
- Basically all the ingredients except oil.
- Oil too can be added at this stage but then there will be too less steps to be mentioned in the recipe.
- Mix everything.
- Now add 2 tbsp hot oil and mix.
- Use water to knead a dough.
- The dough should be semi-stiff.
- The dough has been punched a lot during kneading. It’s tired. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, re-punch the dough.
- Make into balls and flatten them.
- Roll into poori.
- Deep-fry in hot oil till golden.
- Bon appétit.
In the whole post, I have been talking about teaming the masala poori in different ways. So I don’t understand what to write in this part?! Okay, an interesting combination for my adorable readers who are still reading after the recipe has ended. Team it up with shrikhand. It will taste amazing.
I make and roll the masala poori and keep them in Amy’s tiffin with sooji ka halwa.
“A messy kitchen is a sign of happiness.”
Watch Video – Masala Poori Recipe | How to Make Masala Poori
User Review( votes)