Peanut Chutney recipe with step by step pictures
What is Roasted Peanut Chutney?
Chutney with a creamy texture, nutty flavor, hint of garlic, curry leaves and heat of green chilies is roasted peanut chutney. It is a great accompaniment for idli, dosa etc. Moongphali chutney is very easy and simple to make. It can be customized as per your liking.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for peanut chutney
I am sharing the traditional and basic Andhra style peanut chutney recipe. Did I mention it is made up of peanuts, do I need to mention that? It can be customized in a number of ways. To start with de-skinned peanuts can be used. However, I have used roasted peanuts with skin. I have used garlic and green chilies to flavor the groundnut chutney. Urad dal, tamarind etc can also be used. Further, I have not tempered the peanut chutney; you can temper using oil, mustard seeds etc.
A very interesting chutney recipe on the blog is guava chutney. It is sweet as well as tangy works great with poori, paratha etc. View the recipe here. You might also like a collection of green chutney recipe. There is different green chutney for summers, winters, for fasts, chaat etc. View the collection here.
Peanut Chutney Recipe
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||15 minutes|
|Serves/Makes||½ cup chutney|
Ingredients for Peanut Chutney Recipe
- ½ cup peanuts (moongphali)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 green chilies
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- A handful of curry leaves
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
How to make moongphali Chutney
- Take ½ cup peanuts in a pan.
- Dry roast on low flame till aromatic. Let the peanuts cool down.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil. Add 1 garlic clove and 2 green chilies. Sauté till raw smell goes away.
- Add ½ tsp cumin seeds and a handful of curry leaves. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer roasted peanuts and prepared tempering in a grinding jar.
- Add water as much required.
- Add salt to taste.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Use within a couple of hours. Thereafter the taste will diminish. Bon appétit.
- Serving Ideas: Serve moongphali chutney with idli, dosa, uttapam.
- You can add urad dal, tamarind etc to flavor peanut chutney.