Khandvi Recipe is a yellowish, tightly rolled bite-sized pieces, and is primarily made of gram flour and yogurt.it is a gujrati dish/ snack made up by cooking gram flour (besan) and curd… with the crunch of fried mustard seeds and sesame seeds.
Khandvi… is not an easy thing to make. simple ingredient but tricky method; that’s khandvi .Well as regards the ingredients are concerned, you can flavour the khandvi with some cumin powder, black pepper powder. Likewise the tempering too can be customised by adding curry leaves or green chilli etc. You can also stuff it with some paneer or vegetables such as coconut, carrot etc.It allows a lot of customisation.
1. Grease the back side of 3 full plates. Keep the spatula ready.
2. In a bowl take 3/4 cup gram flour.
3. Add 1 cup water.
4. Add 3/4 cup curd
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
7. Add a pinch of asafoetida, 1 tsp ginger chilli paste and mix everything.
8. Add this mixture in a broad pan.
9. Cook the mixture on low to medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
10. Once it appears cooked, test the khandvi.
11. To test it, spread a spoonful and see if it rolls? If it rolls, it’s done. If it sticks to the plate and doesn’t roll, it’s undercooked. If it rolls but breaks it’s overcooked.
12. Once done, spread it on the greased plates.
13. Let it cool and then cut into strips.
14. Fold a little.
15. Roll. Folding makes the rolling easy and neat.
16. To make the tempering, heat 3 tsp oil.
17. Add 1 and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
18. Add 1 and 1/2 tsp sesame seeds.
19. Add a pinch of heeng.
20. Let it crackle.
21. Pour over the khandvi.
22. Garnish with a handful of chopped coriander.
23. Bon appétit.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback