Arbi Fry is a side dish prepared using boiled colocasia i.e. arbi. It is crisp and crunchy and is seasoned spices to make it absolutely delicious. It is a variation to the Sindhi dish arbi tuk. Arbi fry is also a south Indian delicacy but here we are not discussing the south Indian style of making it. It is a perfect side dish especially with dal rice etc. Apart from that arbi can also be served as a starter. Fried Arbi recipes are a very nutritious dish that contains many vitamins-A, B, C and minerals like copper, iron, calcium. Arbi recipe deserves a try because it is
recipe using arbi and arbi has many health benefits
side dish recipe
under 10 minutes recipe
Arbi Fry Recipes calls for
Boiled and peeled arbi- For this dish, you will need boiled and peeled arbi. Make sure not to over boil it. Peel arbi while it is still warm. Always grease your hands while handling arbi.
Spices- Very basic and simple spices go in for arbi fry. You may add chaat masala, jaljeera powder, carom seeds or garam masala too.
You might also like aloo tuk. A very popular Sindhi side dish. View the recipe here.
1. Peel boiled Arbi.
2. Sprinkle 3/4 of mixed spice on sliced arbi. Keep aside the remaining masala mix.
3. Mix 1 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp amchur powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste.
4. Mix all spices.
5. Sprinkle 3/4 of mixed spice on sliced arbi. Keep aside the remaining masala mix.
6. Let seasoned arbi rest for 10-15 minutes.
7. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
8. Add spice Arbi in fry pan when oil is hot.
9. Stir it and mix well with oil.
10. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
11. Toss and cook till both sides are golden brown.
12. Once done transfer in a bowl.
13. Sprinkle remaining masala mix.
14. Toss well.
15. Bon appetit Serve arbi fry with arhar ki dal and jeera rice
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback