Shrikhand is a rich and luscious soul-satisfying dessert made with hung curd and flavored with every exotic flavor of saffron and enduring flavor of cardamom. shrikhand is an absolutely fuss-free recipe. if you have hung curd handy, you can fix it in 10 minutes or so. and being a cold dessert this can be consumed however so ever full and satiate you may be. do try this recipe as it is
fasting dessert recipe
cold desserts recipes
yogurt/curds: shrikhand calls for perfect yogurt. if using homemade yogurt, make sure to use full cream milk to prepare yogurt. if buying readymade yogurt use full cream yogurt.
other ingredients: I have used powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar to fasten the process. saffron strands dissolved in lukewarm milk is added, which gives gorgeous colour and great flavour to shrikhand.
1. Hang the yogurt : place a sieve on a large bowl. line the sieve with a muslin cloth. add 2 cups yogurt. squeeze off the water. place some weight on it. refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
2. Add powdered sugar and mix till fluffy : after 4-5 hours take out hung curd in a mixing bowl. add ¼ cup powdered sugar. mix with hands till fluffy and creamy. beating the yogurt with hands makes all the difference and gives the perfect texture to shrikhand.
3. Add saffron, cardamom powder and mix : add few strands of saffron dissolved in 2 tsp lukewarm milk and 1 tsp cardamom powder. mix.
4. bon appétit : refrigerate for a couple of hours. finish off with chopped pistachio. serve chilled.
PREP TIME 30 minutes + 4-5 hours
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 5 hours + 30 minutes
• 2 cups yogurt
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar
• few saffron strands dissolved in lukewarm milk
• 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1. Hang yogurt
Place a sieve on a large bowl. Line the sieve with a muslin cloth. Add 2 cups yogurt. Squeeze off the water. Place some weight on it. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours or overnight.
2. Add powdered sugar and mix till fluffy
After 4-5 hours take out hung curd in a mixing bowl. Add ¼ cup powdered sugar. Mix with hands till fluffy and creamy.
3. Add saffron, cardamom powder and mix
Add few strands of saffron dissolved in 2 tsp lukewarm milk and 1 tsp cardamom powder. Mix.
4. bon appétit
Refrigerate for couple of hours. Finish off with chopped pistachio. Serve chilled.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback