Stuffed Tomatoes are juicy tomatoes stuffed with a delicious mixture of potatoes and paneer and cooked and served in a very delectable gravy. Stuffed tomatoes recipe is a very interesting and different recipe. Bharwa tamatar can be served with gravy and without gravy also. It is an awesome recipe to impress to your guests. Stuffed tomatoes recipe deserve a try because it a
Stuffed tomato recipe is a
Recipe using tomatoes: In India variety of tomatoes are available. I have used the salad ones for this recipe. You may use the round ones i.e desi tamtar too, though they are a bit tangy. I baked the stuffed tomatoes before adding them to the gravy. You can cook them in a pan.
Stuffing: I have used boiled potatoes,paneer,coriander leaves,red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds, and salt. You can also add dry fruits such as cashew and raisin. In stuffing spice can also be adjust according to your choice as dry mango powder, black pepper etc.
Gravy: For gravy I have used tomatoes puree, malai (heavy cream) and Indian spices. You can add onion garlic too.
1. Take a fry pan, place it on medium gas flame and add 2 tsp oil. When oil is hot add 1 tsp cumin seeds andlet it crackle.
2. Add 3 boiled and mashed potatoes
3. Add 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, and salt to taste
4. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes
5. Add 1/4 cup paneer
6. Mix paneer, add coriander leaves and stir
7. Take potatoes and paneer stuffing in a bowl and let it cool
8. Cut the top of tomatoes and remove the pulp
9. Fill tomatoes with the stuffing carefully and place in a microwave safe bowl or casserole. Bruch little salt dissolved in oil on the tomatoes
10. Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 5-7 minutes
11. Check, they should be almost soft
12. For gravy heat 1 tbsp oil and crackle 1 tsp cumin seeds
13. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp coriander powder and salt to taste
14. Stir and saute for 1 minute. Add 1-2 tbsp water to avoid burning of spices
15. Add 1 cup tomato puree
16. Cook puree till oil oozes and add 1/4 cup malai
17. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes
18. Add water and let it boil. Check seasoning and consistency
19. To serve: Take gravy in a serving bowl
20. Add stuffed and baked tomatoes in gravy
21. Bon Appetit enjoy your stuffed tomatoes with naan, paratha or chapati
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback