EGGLESS MAWA CAKE RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURES AND VIDEO
Eggless Mawa Cake Recipe is a fusion of cake and Indian mithai (sweet). It takes its texture from the cake and flavours from Indian mithai. A cake that looks royal and tastes divine!
Let’s talk about Eggless Mawa Cake Recipe
I always wanted to bake a mawa cake, a mawa cake in true sense not a basic cake with little mawa in it. 100 grams khoya (evaporated milk) 80 grams maida (all purpose flour)!
It browns very fast. I have often read that the cake should be covered with an aluminium foil after half time. I never felt the need to do that. But yes this cake I had to cover.As regards the flavouring, do it as per your choice. I had added saffron and cardamom. You can add the flavours and nuts of your choice.
Experience and experiments (tips and tricks):
Following are the things that should be taken care of while baking a cake:-
- Use the ingredients of best quality. For example, use vanilla extract instead of essence. Use a good cocoa powder, butter etc. Use unsalted butter unless the recipe calls for salted butter. I however use salted one as unsalted is often unavailable.
- Make sure the ingredients are at the room temperature.
- Weigh your ingredients. And if you don’t want to weigh them for any reason, make sure to measure them properly. Collect and weigh all the ingredients before starting off with the recipe.
Preparing the pan for baking:
- Before you prepare the pan, you need to select one. And by selecting I mean choose the pan of correct size. To avoid a domed cake tie a towel strip around the cake pan. This is a substitutefor pre-made strips.
- I like to grease the cake pan then line it with a good quality parchment paper and again grease the parchment paper.
Preheating the oven:
- Always pre-heat the oven to the temperature and for the time mentioned in the recipe.
Mixing the ingredients:
- Just follow the recipe. If it calls for creaming the butter and sugar at high speed for particular minutes, do that.
EGGLESS MAWA CAKE RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR EGGLESS MAWA CAKE RECIPE
- 1/3 cup or 100 g condensed milk
- 1/3 cup or 80 g melted butter
- 1/2 cup or 100 ml milk
- 2/3 cup or 80 g all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup or 50 g Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup or 100 g mawa/evaporated milk
- Handful of chopped nuts
- A few saffron strings
- dissolved in 1 tbsp lukewarm milk
HOW TO MAKE EGGLESS MAWA CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C (160⁰C in case of fan/convection oven). Grease the cake tin. And collect all the ingredients
- In a large bowl take 1/3 cup condensed milk
- Add 1/3 cup melted butter
- Mix until incorporated
Add saffron and mix
- Add 1/2 cup milk and mix
Add 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Add 1 tsp powdered cardamom
- Add 1/2 tsp baking powder
Add 1/4 tsp baking soda
Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Add 1/2 cup Mawa
Pour into the greased tin
Garnish with chopped nuts
Bake at 180⁰C (160⁰C in case of fan/convection oven) for 40-45 minutes or till the cake gets baked. You can also bake mawa cup cakes. Cup cakes will take lesser time to bake. Check them after 20 minutes
Once it’s ready, let it cool completely. Demould and slice and serve it
- Bon appétit
Watch Video – EGGLESS MAWA CAKE-Celebrations baked❣️
EGGLESS CAKE RECIPES a collection of cake recipes without egg. can be baked during festivals as many people avoid eggs on festivals.