Palak Poha Cutlet recipe with step by step pictures
What is Palak Poha Cutlet?
An absolutely crisp and crunchy cutlet with the bite of spinach leaves which adds a distinct flavour to the cutlets. Palak Poha Cutlet is easy, simple and healthy breakfast and snack recipe. I always make poha cutlets and love them. However introduction of spinach took them to an absolutely different level.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Poha Spinach Cutlets Recipe
The main ingredients for Poha Spinach Cutlets Recipe are flattened rice i.e. poha, boiled potatoes and spinach. I was very skeptical about adding spinach to an already appetizing poha cutlet. But I was really happy with the results. Spinach added a very different flavour to the Homemade Poha Spinach Cutlets Recipe and not just flavour, on frying the spinach leaves got crisp and crunchy giving a good bite to palak poha cutlet. Apart from that some basic spices have been added. To keep this healthy Palak Poha Cutlet recipe low on calories, I have pan fried the cutlets in minimum oil, still the result was super crunchy. For variations check the suggestions section after how to make Palak Poha Cutlet section.
PALAK POHA CUTLET RECIPE
|Preparation time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
Ingredients for palak poha cutlet recipe
1 cup flattened rice (poha)
4-5 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled, refrigerated and grated
Salt to taste
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp grated ginger
1 cup tightly packed spinach (palak), washed thoroughly and chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
2-3 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka aata) (optional)
Oil for frying
How to make Palak Poha Cutlet
- Take 1 cup flattened rice (poha) in a large bowl. Wash them. Add approx ½ cup water.
- Leave aside for 5-6 minutes, so that the poha softens.
- Drain away the water and let the soft poha dry out. (Tip: It is important that the poha dries out. You can even spread it on a plate or kitchen towel).
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 4-5 boiled and grated potatoes. (Tip: Refrigerated potatoes will give crisp cutlets), 1 tsp grated ginger, 1 tsp dry mango (amchur) powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Mash and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add 1 cup chopped spinach and 1 cup chopped green chilli.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add 2 tbsp rice flour (chawal ka aata) if the mixture appears sticky. (It depends on the quality of potaotes used and the moisture content of spinach).
- Mix to form dough.
- Check the seasoning and adjust the same if required.
- Shape the dough into cutlets.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan.
- Fry cutlets on medium flame.
- Till golden brown from both the sides.
- Remove on an absorbent paper.
- Serve with tomato ketchup. Bon appétit.
- If you don’t have chaat masala, you can add ½ tsp dry mango powder (amchur) powder.
- Instead of grated ginger and chopped chillies you can add ginger chilli paste.
- Instead of rice flour, bread crumbs can be used.