Tea infused with the flavors of various spices making it not only more refreshing and appetizing but also increasing the goodness of chai is Masala Chai. Masala chai is a favourite during the monsoons and winters. It not only tastes great but also helps to fight cold, cough etc.
Few spices are commonly used to flavor tea i.e. cardamom, black pepper. cloves etc. However, masala tea also uses nutmeg, star anise etc. These spices give a good kick to the tea. Freshly prepared masala for the tea makes it just so refreshing.
Prepare for the times when you don’t time to make fresh masala for your chai, just make chai masala and have it handy. And for the chai lovers, we have plenty of chai recipes on the blog such as ginger tea, kesar chai and many more.
Serve a cup of hot masala chai with whole wheat mathris.
1. Collect the spices required for the masala chai recipe.
2. In a mortal or mixer grind them to a fine powder.
3. Add dried ginger powder to it.
4. Mix it and store to be used for making tea.
5. Bon appétit !
1. Boil 1 and 1/4 cup water.
2. Add 2 tsp tea leaves, 4 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp masala.
3. Simmer for 2 minutes and let the tea leaves and masala chai powder release their essence.
4. Add 3/4 cup milk to the masala chai.
5. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Strain.
6. Bon appétit. enjoy this masala chai on your terrace or balcony.
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback