White Sauce Pasta Recipe (Restaurant style) No more ordering white sauce pasta – According to Wikipedia If you have it flaunt it. Wiki knows it and so he flaunts it. I asked him about white sauce pasta and he gave me a long list of sauces. Region wise, colour wise etc etc. (Yes Mr. M.S. Word two etc there please). Anyways lets come to the point and read what Vinipedia has to say.
According to Vinipedia
Boiled pasta cooked in a Creamy Sauce which has a hint of sweetness of sugar with a clash of sharpness of pepper. Everything so well balanced.
Let’s talk about White Sauce Pasta Recipe
This recipe was given to me by dear friend Roshi.
Before as well as after trying this White Sauce Pasta Recipe, I have been eating the white sauce pasta at restaurants. And every time I feel, the one I make is better. Seriously, it has the perfect balance of sugar, salt and white pepper. The consistency is just perfect.
This is the basic white sauce pasta recipe. I have not added any cheese to it. You can add 2 tbsp grated cheese along with milk to make the white sauce pasta with cheese . Further you can also garnish it with some grated cheese and bake it.
You can also add veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms etc.
The Beauty of White Sauce Pasta
It’s perfect. I have ever increased or decreased quantity of any ingredient. I have always followed the recipe as it is and it has never disappointed me. After trying this recipe we have never ordered white sauce pasta at the restaurants.
Reader: You had mentioned “Before as well as after trying this White Sauce Pasta recipe veg, I have been eating the white sauce pasta at restaurants.”
Me: Yes I had mentioned that but it’s at times when we are not ordering
(Too much of answerability… smart readers)
And the Beast (the difficult thing about this recipe)
If the white sauce pasta gets upset, it might
- Become too dry
- Become too saucy
- The sauce might remain under-cooked
- The flavours could be imbalanced
- The pasta might be over – cooked / under-cooked
Experience and experiments (tips and tricks)
To get the white sauce pasta perfect make sure to
- Boil the pasta till the al-dente stage i.e. it’s neither too hard nor too soft. The timings mentioned on the pack of pasta should be followed.
- Always boil the water and then add the pasta to it.
- While making the sauce, add oil first and then add butter. This will prevent the butter from getting burnt.
- Cook the all purpose flour (maida) up to the stage it’s foaming. Once it stops foaming, add the milk.
- Serve the pasta hot. It will change its consistency if left for some time.
Let’s just talk
Well, I’ll be frank with you. I mentioned the word “Al-dente” but I didn’t know it’s literal meaning. So I searched for its literal meaning and I didn’t just find its meaning but many other interesting facts about pasta. I’d like to state them here:
- First things first, the meaning of “Al-dente”
Cooked so as to be still firm when bitten
- Shapes of pasta
As many as 600, who knew?
- Traditional method of eating pasta
By hands! So, next time the traditional way?
- The Chinese are on record as having eaten pasta as early as 5,000 B.C.
I first ate it after I had graduate.
- How to know that the pasta is cooked properly
It should stick to a wall when it is thrown
(Come on… you have to try this to be sure)
WHITE SAUCE PASTA RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR WHITE SAUCE PASTA
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1.5 cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup pasta (boiled as per the instructions on the packet)
HOW TO MAKE WHITE SAUCE PASTA
- Heat 1 tbsp oil.
Add 1 tbsp butter.
Add 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour.
Cook on low flame till it remains frothy (40-50 seconds).
Add 1.5 cup milk. Stir it continuously.
Add 1 tsp sugar, salt to taste and 1/4 tsp white pepper powder.
Cook till the sauce thickens. This will take 4-5 minutes on low flame.
Add 1/2 tsp oregano.
Add 1/4 tsp red chili flakes.
Addition of boiled pasta.
Cook for 1-2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency.
White sauce pasta can be prepared for kids’ parties or other gatherings too.
I prepared it for a light lunch and served with garlic bread and mint ice tea.
“Teach your children about tax. Eat 30% of their ice-cream”