White sauce pasta recipe with step by step pictures and quci recipe video
What is white sauce pasta?
Boiled pasta cooked in a Creamy Sauce which has a hint of sweetness of sugar with a clash of sharpness of pepper. Everything so well balanced. It is exactly the kind of pasta I get at restaurants rather at my favourite restaurant. The flavours are so subtle and well balanced that I never experimented with this recipe. I often make white sauce pasta for dinner. It remains light on stomach and is loved by one and all.
Lets talk about the ingredients for white sauce pasta
White sauce pasta calls for 2 things, pasta and white sauce. As regards the pasta you have all the choice. Pick your favourite pasta. But as regards the white sauce, you have no choice at all. For the best results follow the recipe to the T.This is the basic white sauce pasta recipe. I have not added any cheese to it. You can add 2 tbsp grated cheese along with milk to make the white sauce pasta with cheese . Further you can also garnish it with some grated cheese and bake it. You can also add veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms etc. Always serve it hot as when it turns cold or comes to the room temperature it totally loses its beauty i.e. its creamy texture.
Let’s just talk
Well, I’ll be frank with you. I mentioned the word “Al-dente” but I didn’t know it’s literal meaning. So I searched for its literal meaning and I didn’t just find its meaning but many other interesting facts about pasta. I’d like to state them here:
- First things first, the meaning of “Al-dente”
Cooked so as to be still firm when bitten
- Shapes of pasta
As many as 600, who knew?
- Traditional method of eating pasta
By hands! So, next time the traditional way?
- The Chinese are on record as having eaten pasta as early as 5,000 B.C.
I first ate it after I had graduate.
- How to know that the pasta is cooked properly
It should stick to a wall when it is thrown
(Come on… you have to try this to be sure)
White Sauce Pasta Recipe
Ingredients for white sauce pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup pasta (boiled as per the instructions on the packet)
How to make white sauce pasta
- Heat 1 tbsp oil.
Add 1 tbsp butter.
Add 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour.
Cook on low flame till it remains frothy (40-50 seconds).
Add 1.5 cup milk. Stir it continuously.
Add 1 tsp sugar, salt to taste and 1/4 tsp white pepper powder.
Cook till the sauce thickens. This will take 4-5 minutes on low flame.
Add 1/2 tsp oregano.
Add 1/4 tsp red chili flakes.
Addition of boiled pasta.
Cook for 1-2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency.
- Boil the pasta till the al-dente stage i.e. it’s neither too hard nor too soft. The timings mentioned on the pack of pasta should be followed.
- Always boil the water and then add the pasta to it.
- While making the sauce, add oil first and then add butter. This will prevent the butter from getting burnt.
- Cook the all purpose flour (maida) up to the stage it’s foaming. Once it stops foaming, add the milk.
- Serve the pasta hot. It will change its consistency if left for some time.
“Teach your children about tax. Eat 30% of their ice-cream”
Watch Video – How to Make White Sauce Pasta | White Sauce Pasta Recipe
Masala Macaroni Recipe
As much as we love this white sauce pasta, that do we love the masala macaroni. Masala macroni is my take on pasta. Macaroni is not cooked in white or red sauce, rather it is onions and ketchup. Masala macaroni is a kids’ friendly reicpe, they will love it. Here is the recipe for masala macaroni.
User Review( votes)