White sauce pasta recipe with step by step pictures and quick recipe video
What is white sauce pasta?
Boiled pasta cooked in delish and creamy sauce which has slight sweetness of sugar with sharpness of pepper, is white sauce pasta. It is exactly the kind of white sauce pasta served at the Indian restaurants. The flavours are very subtle and well balanced. White sauce pasta can be served for light lunch or dinner or as snacks. It can be served with some garlic bread or without any accompaniments.
Lets talk about the ingredients for white sauce pasta
White sauce pasta calls for 2 things, pasta and white sauce. As regards the pasta you have lots of choice. Pick your favourite pasta. But as regards the white sauce, you have no choice at all. For the best results follow this recipe to the T. This is the basic white sauce pasta recipe. I have not added any cheese to it. You can add 2 tbsp grated cheese along with milk to make the white sauce pasta with cheese . Further you can garnish it with some grated cheese and bake it. You can add veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms etc. Always serve it hot as when it turns cold or comes to the room temperature it totally loses its beauty i.e. its creamy texture.
Similar recipes on the blog are easy cheesy pasta, this is 5 minutes pasta recipe, very simple and quick to make. You can find the recipe here. Another simple and flavourful pasta recipe is masala macaroni. Find it here.
White Sauce Pasta Recipe
|Preparation time||5-7 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||15 minutes|
Ingredients for white sauce pasta
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 & ½ tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 & ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 cup pasta (boiled as per the instructions on the packet)
How to make white sauce pasta
- Heat 1 tbsp oil.
Add 1 tbsp butter.
Add 1 & ½ tbsp all purpose flour (maida).
Cook on low flame till it is frothy (40-50 seconds). Once the froth subsides, proceed with the next step.
Add 1 & ½ cup milk. Stir it continuously.
Add 1 tsp sugar, salt to taste and ¼ tsp white pepper powder.
Cook till the sauce thickens. This will take 4-5 minutes on low flame.
Add ½ tsp oregano.
Add ¼ tsp red chili flakes.
Add boiled pasta.
Cook for 2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency.
Serve hot.Bon appétit!
- Boil the pasta till the al-dente stage i.e. it’s neither too hard nor too soft. The timings mentioned on the pack of pasta should be followed.
- ATo boil pasta, first boil water and then add pasta to it.
- While making the sauce, add oil first and then add butter. This will prevent the butter from getting burnt.
- Cook the all purpose flour (maida) up to the stage it’s foaming. Once it stops foaming, add the milk.
- Serve the pasta hot. It will change its consistency if left for some time.
Watch Video – How to Make White Sauce Pasta | White Sauce Pasta Recipe
User Review( votes)