Sprouted Moong Moth Chaat recipe with step by step pictures
What is Moth Chaat?
Moth or matki as called in Maharashtra is a very healthy bean. It is very close to green grams (look wise) but is a completely different bean. We all know the nutritive value of beans increases when they are sprouted. Moth chaat is a delectable recipe using sprouted moth beans. It is tangy, with a hint of sweet chutney; it has the bites of crunchy onions, juicy tomatoes, and soft potatoes along with the crunch of sev and freshness of coriander. Moth chaat is a very healthy snack recipe and can be relished even by the weight watchers.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Moth Chaat
The sprouted moth is to be used. In this post, I have shared the method to sprout green grams at home. You can check it to see how to sprout moth at home. It is quite simple, just a bit time taking but believe me homemade is so much better than readymade. Sprouted beans are considered to be boring and bland. So to pep them up I have used a couple of chutneys, and perfect chaat masala. I don’t like to use cucumber for my chaat recipes as it gives me the feel of salad. But you feel free to add it into your moth chaat.
Sprouted Moong Moth Chaat Recipe
|Preparation time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|
|Total time||15 minutes|
Ingredients for Moth Chaat Recipe
- 1 cup sprouted moth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped and de–seeded
- 1 small potato, boiled and chopped
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp green chutney
- 1 tsp tamarind chutney
- Salt to taste
- Sev for garnish
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
How to make moth chaat
- Let’s begin with cooking moth till soft. We will use them raw for the salad recipe. To cook them add 1 cup sprouted moth in a pressure cooker along with ¼ cup water and salt to taste.
- Pressure cook on high flame till the first whistle. Reduce the flame to low and pressure cook for 2 more minutes. Let the pressure release. Open the pressure cooker. Moth must be soft, not mushy. Let them cool down completely.
- Transfer boiled sprouted moth to a mixing bowl. Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Toss well.
- Garnish with sev and serve. Bon appétit!
- You can use pomegranate arils for garnish.