WHAT IS NARIYAL PAG RECIPE?
nariyal pag/barfi recipe is a simple coconut barfi, prepared during navaratras and is used as fasting dessert.its tempering taste gives you a perfect balance of sweetness and khoya(coconut) and some dry fruits and makhane to it for variations. This recipe deserves a try because it is
- Fasting recipe
- Quick dessert recipe
Let’s talk about the ingedients for Nariyal Pag Recipe
Nariyal pag recipe is a
- Recipe using coconut- I have used desiccated coconut to make mariyal ka pag. Make sure to use absolutely fresh batuch of coconut.
- Other ingredients- A sugar syrup is prepared and its consistency is critical for a good pag. Apart from that nuts are added to nariyal pag.
NARIYAL PAG RECIPE
INGREDIENTS FOR NARIYAL PAG RECIPE
- 1 and 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Ghee for greasing
- Handful of chopped pistachios for garnishing or any nuts
HOW TO MAKE NARIYAL PAG
- Collect the ingredients
Heat 1 cup water in a pan
Add 3/4 cup sugar
Add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
Let the sugar dissolve and then boil the mixture till the sugar syrup has 1 string consistency
To check the consistency, take a drop of sugar syrup between your thumb and finger tips. It will form a single string
Also when you place a drop on a plate, it will form a shape
Add 1 and 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
Mix and cook until the mixture comes together and leaves the sides of the pan
Make a ball and put in a glass of water. If you aren’t able to form a ball, you have dried out the mixture. Add little water and cook and again try to make a ball. If the ball disperses in the water, the mixture needs further cooking. If you are able to form a ball and when put it cold water it doesn’t disperse, the mixture is ready to be set
Spread the mixture in a greased plate/pan
Spread and press in handful of chopped nuts
Cut into pieces before the mixture cools down completely
Once it cools the nariyal pag ready to be served
- If the Nariyal Pag Recipe gets too dry, just sprinkle a few drops of water and cook till desired consistency.
- If the nariyal pag doesn’t set, re-cook it for a couple of minutes and re-set.
- To make sure the nariyal pag is ready to be set, just take a small ball of it and put in the glass of cold water. If it spreads, it isn’t ready to be set yet.
- The consistency of sugar syrup should be of a single string.
Fruit Curd Recipe
fruit curd recipe is another dessert recipe for fasts. fruits along with handful of nuts gives a perfrect flavour to this dessert recipe.fruit curd can be served during navaratras in desserts. for fruit curd recipe please click here.