Coconut Chutney Recipe with step by step pictures
What is a Coconut Chutney?
Coconut Chutney is a very light and refreshing chutney made using coconut (obviously) fresh or desiccated. It has a hint of coriander and slight pungency of lemon juice. No tempering is required to make Nariyal chutney for fast. It really compliments the otherwise filling fasting food as it is very fresh and soothing. Nariyal chutney recipe deserves a try because it is
- chutney for fasts
- easy coconut chutney recipe
Let’s Talk about the Ingredients for Chutney Recipes
Coconut chutney recipe is a
- Recipe using coconut- I was short of fresh coconut so I used desiccated coconut but the Nariyal chutney was not at all short of flavours. You may use whatever you have handy.
- Other ingredients- Since it is a chutney for fasts, I have kept it very basic and simple. And therefore I flavoured it with some fresh coriander, green chillies and lemon juice, that’s it!
Nariyal Chutney Ingredients
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water or as much required
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Rock salt as per taste
How to make Chutney of Coconut
- In a grinder, add 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, 2 tbsp chopped coriander, 1/4 tsp lemon juice, 2 green chopped chilli and rock salt to taste
- Add 3/4 cup water and grind. Make a smooth paste
- Take coconut chutney in a bowl. Check seasoning and consistency
- Bon appetit Serve coconut chutney with sabudana vada
- You can add ginger if you eat ginger during fast
- You may add a tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves