Healthy and a very delicious sandwich filled with crunchy vegetables and thick yogurt are hung curd sandwich. The best part about hung curd sandwich recipe is that it has all the healthy ingredients. Yogurt forms the base of this sandwich and vegetables add to the taste and nutritional value. At many places hung curd is easily available in the stores just as butter, cheese etc. Otherwise, also it is very simple and easy to prepare. Hung curd is sure to be liked by kids as well as adults.
It is very simple to prepare hung curd which is required for the hung curd sandwich recipe. I have used the vegetables which are always and easily available i.e. cucumber, tomatoes, onion etc. You can add/omit vegetables as per your choice. Chopped coriander adds great flavor to hung curd sandwich recipe and should be used. This sandwich tastes good with any bread, so you can choose the bread of your choice.
Other interesting recipes using curd are curd rice and shrikhand. Curd rice is a great option to use the leftover rice. Find the recipe here. Shrikhand is a popular Indian dessert and find the proper technique of making shrikhand here
Do check out our collection of sandwich recipes. For that please click here.
1. Place a muslin cloth on a strainer. Place the lined strainer on a big bowl. Put 1 cup yogurt. Squeeze off the excess water. Leave it for 1 hour. If the weather is hot place this in the refreigerator.
2. After 1 hour you’ll be left with a very thick and creamy curd. 1 cup curd hung for 2 hours will give ½ cup of hung curd. If you plan to make these for the breakfast, get the hung curd ready a night before and leave it in the refrigerator.
3. Take 1 cup of chopped vegetables in a mixing bowl.
4. Add salt to taste, ¼ tsp of black pepper, a handful of chopped coriander and hung curd. Mix well.
5. Trim of the edges of the slices (optional).
6. Apply butter on the slices.
7. Spread approx ¼ cup of the filling on the buttered slice and cover it with another buttered slice.
8. Cook sandwich properly.
9. Serve warm. Bon appetit!
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
1. Hang 1 cup curd on a banana stand.
2. Or place a muslin cloth on a strainer. Place the lined strainer on a big bowl. Put 1 cup curd in this. Leave it for 2 hours at least. You can also hang the muslin cloth at some appropriate place.
3. If the weather is hot and the curd might get sour if left outside on the kitchen counter, place the entire set up in the refrigerator.
4. After 2 hours, squeeze the curd lightly. You’ll be left with a very thick and creamy curd. Cup curd hung for 2 hours will give you ½ cup of hung curd. If you plan to make these for the breakfast, get the hung curd ready a night before and leave it in the refrigerator.
5. Take 1 cup chopped vegetables.
6. Add salt to taste, ¼ tsp of black pepper and hung curd.
7. Add handful of chopped coriander. Mix everything.
8. Trim of the edges of the slices (optional).
9. Apply butter on the slices.
10. Apply approx ¼ cup of the filling on the buttered slice and cover it with another buttered slice.
11. Grill the sandwich and serve.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback