Samosa is a very popular fried snack. It has lip smacking potato stuffing with flaky and crispy outing. Mini samosa makes a great party starter. Since these are one or two bite samosas, even kids love to have them. Mini samosa recipe deserves a try because it is
party starter recipe or appetizer recipe
kids’ friendly recipe
kitty party recipe
kids’ birthday party recipe
Mini samosa calls
A perfect samosa sheet : Samosa sheet is prepared with all purpose flour. More oil and less water are the secrets to a smooth, crisp and flaky samosa. Basically do not cut down the quantity of oil used for moyan and prepare stiff dough. You may also use ghee isntead of oil.
Potaotes and spices : The stuffing for samosa is prepared using boiled samosa and spices. Since it is a party starter recipe, keeping it simple and comparatively quick to prepare I am using non fried stuffing. You may also fry the potatoes with spices. You may also add some paneer chunks, cashews, peas etc.
1. Take a bowl, add 2 cups All purpose flour, ¼ cup oil, 1 tsp carom seeds, and salt according to taste.
2. Mix all ingredients well.
3. Bind a portion. It will hold its shape.
4. Now add water gradually.
5. Knead stiff dough.
6. Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
7. After 15-20 minutes uncover it.
8. Again knead for 2 minutes.
9. The dough is ready for samosa.
10. To prepare stuffing for samosa in a bowl add 6 medium size boiled potatoes, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp dry mango powder, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, handful of choped coriander and handful of chopped mint leaves.
11. Mix all ingredients well.
12. Take a portion of stuff and make a ball of lemon size.
13. Take a portion of dough.
14. Roll dough in shape of a circle with the help of rolling pin.
15. With the help of a small size bowl, give a proper circle shape.
16. Cut from one side as shown in the picture below.
17. Give it a shape of a cone.
18. Fill cone with the stuffing .
19. Now wet the edge of samosa using water and press it carefully (seal samosa).
20. Heat enough oil in a pan.
21. When the oil is moderately hot add mini samosa. Fry on low flame till golden brown from both the sides.
22. Serve mini samosa with tandoori chutney as a party starter.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback