Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe with step by step pictures
What is Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake?
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake is a chocolaty cake ready in 2 minutes and with very few ingredients and without an oven. WHenever you are craving some chocolaty dessert, this cake shall come to your rescue. And the best part about this cake is that it serves one or two presons only, so basically it is ready in no time as well as over in no time. Do try the eggless chocolate mug cake recipe as it is
- Microwave recipe
- Recipe for eggless cake such as collection of eggless cakes
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is an eggless baking recipe. To substitute egg we need some yogurt. To make it absolutely chocolaty use a good quality of cocoa powder. Apart from that we need some other basic ingredients needd for baking cake such as baking powder, baking soda. The recipe calls for choco chips. It turned out to be delicious because the choco chips melted a little and made the cake tastier. You can add them to the cake batter. Or do both! The recipe calls for brown sugar but you can substitute it for regular sugar.
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
A cake to bake when you are short of time and oven
|Prep time||2 minutes|
|Total time||4 minutes|
|Serves/Makes||1 mug cake|
Ingredients for Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 tbsp yogurt (dahi)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp water or as needed
- Handful of choco chips
How to make Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake
Take a microwave safe mug. I know you people are smart, I shouldn’t have mentioned this but please don’t give me that look. Add 1/4 cup all purpose flour (maida).
To this add 1 tbsp cocoa powder.
Add 1/8 tsp baking powder.
Add 2 tbsp brown sugar.
Add one pinch of baking soda.
Mix the dry ingredients.
Add 2 tbsp oil.
Add 1 tbsp yogurt and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
Add 2 tbsp water. (You can add add 2 tbsp choco chips. I added them after the cake was ready.
Mix till combined. Check the consistency. We do not want a thick batter. Add more water if required.
Add 1 tsp water on the cake batter.
Microwave the cake for 1.5 minute. Check the doneness. If not done microwave for 10 seconds more each time.
Once done, garnish with handful of choco chips and indulge.
- Do not over mix the batter. Mix till just combined.
- Do not fill the mug more than half.
- Once everything is done, add a tsp of water on the batter before popping it inside the microwave.
- Start checking the cake after the shortest cooking time.
- Do not over-cook the cake. If it’s not done when you first check it, microwave it for 10 more seconds and check and repeat.
- To ensure the doneness carefully touch the top of the cake. It shouldn’t be gooey. In case of mug cakes also toothpick is blessed to have the first bite(kachcha or pakka). You know what I mean!! Basically you can do the toothpick test to check if the cake is done?
- Try oil based recipes instead of butter based ones. If using butter, use melted butter.
Watch Video – Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe | Eggless Baking
Collection of best eggless cake recipes
If you are interested in baking cakes and eating cakes, you will definitely love our compilation of cake recipes. This collection has all eggless cakes. Each cake has its unique taste and texture. There is a cake for every occasion. Here is the link to the collection of best eggless cake recipes.