Aloo kofta is a soft and flavoury deep-fried potato dumpling in a smooth onion tomato based gravy with the flavors of ginger, garlic, Kasuri methi. Potato kofta curry is a good option when you want to indulge in some kofta curries and which are spicy and not sweet. Aloo kofta curry can be served with simple tawa chapati or parathas. It can be prepared on weekends or even for party main course. Do try this recipe as it is a
party main course recipe
recipe using potatoes
Aloo kofta curry has 2 elements- kofta and curry!
The kofta calls for boiled potatoes and some spices. To add some crispiness rice flour has been added. No paneer is added, making aloo kofta an easy preparation. Curry includes onions and tomatoes. It has the hint of garlic, ginger, Kasturi methi. It has the richness of cashews.
1.In a mixing bowl add 4 boiled and grated potatoes, a handful of chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp rice flour and 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves and mix well all the ingredients.
2. Make balls of the potato stuffing and roll them in dry rice flour.
3. Heat oil for frying kofta in a pan, add kofta one by one and fry on low medium flame.
4. Cook till koftas are golden brown.
5. Place all kofta in a plate and keep aside.
6. Boil water in a pan.
7. Add chopped 1 large onion, 3 medium-sized tomatoes and add 4 tbsp cashew (Kaju).
8. Cook till onion and tomatoes become soft.
9. Let the mixture cool then add to a grinder jar.
10. Make a smooth paste.
11. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil and add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves and 1 and 1/2 tsp red chili powder, stir and saute.
12. Add chopped coriander leaves.
13. Add the paste of onion and tomatoes.
14. Stir and saute till oil release from the sides.
15. Add 2 tbsp butter and mix very well.
16. Now add 1 tsp ginger paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
17. Add water as required, stir and cook for 5-6 minutes.
18. Add salt to taste and simmer for 2 minutes.
19. Bon Appetit Serve aloo kofta in the serving bowl and pour curry on it. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with Butter Naan, Jeera Rice.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
• 4 medium sized boiled potatoes
• 2 tbsp rice flour or as much required
• a handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
• 1 tbsp Kasuri methi
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
• salt to taste
• oil for frying
• 1 large onion, roughly chopped
• 3 medium size tomatoes, roughly chopped
• 4 tbsp cashew (Kaju)
• 2-3 tbsp oil
• 1 and 1/2 tsp red chili powder
• handful chopped coriander leaves
• 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
• salt to taste
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback