Sindhi kadhi is drastically delicious curry made of lots of vegetables cooked in gram flour and tomatoes base, jazzed up with spices and tamarind pulp. It is very flavorsome with the kick of tamarind, hint of mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, the heat of chilies and spices. Sindhi kadhi is very popular in not only Sindhi households but also many other households in North India. Do try the Sindhi kadhi recipe as it is a
Recipe using vegetables
Sindhi kadhi calls for lots of vegetables. You can easily add and omit the vegetables as per taste and availability. Drum sticks can be added. They taste absolutely delicious in Sindhi kadhi. I did not have therefore couldn’t add. Tamarind pulp is added to give a tangy kick to Sindhi kadhi. You can, however, adjust its quantity as per your taste.
Lots of recipes from the Sindhi cuisine on the blog such as the very interesting shallow fried flatbread koki, the very popular Dal Pakwaan (one of our favorite brunch recipes), a delicious dal preparation i.e. sai bhaji, etc.
Sindhi kadhi should be served with boiled rice for a weekday lunch.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 60 minutes
1. Heat oil for frying the vegetables.
2. Deep fry 24 bhindi, 2 arbi, 2 tinda, 8 phool gobhi pieces and 4 green chillies. Fry each vegetable separately as the cook time differs and add little some 1/8 tsp salt each time.
3. Deep fry the vegetables till they turn golden.
4. Pressure cook 3 tomatoes with 1/4 cup water till they are soft and mushy. Then strain the pulp.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil.
6. Add a big pinch of heeng.
7. Add 2 long and 6 sabut kali mirchi.
8. Add 1 tsp raie.
9. Add 1/2 tsp dana methi.
10. Once the tadka crackles, add 4 tbsp besan.
11. Cook till the raw smell goes away. It will take a couple of minutes.
12. Add 3 potatoes.
13. Add 2 cups of water.
14. Add salt to taste. (Be careful while adding the salt, as we have added salt while frying the vegetables).
15. Cook till the potatoes turn soft.
16. Add the tomato pulp.
17. Add 1/4 cup tamarind water. Add it as per your taste, because the tanginess of the kadhi will vary according to the taste of tomatoes.
18. Add all the fried vegetables.
19. Add water and cook till the desired consistency. Keep in mind that the kadhi will thicken once it cools. Check and adjust the seasoning and consistency.
20. For the tadka, heat 1 tsp oil.
21. Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
22. Add the tadka to the kadhi.
23. Garnish with handful of chopped coriander.
24. Bon appétit.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback