Vrat Ke Aloo is a side dish made using boiled potatoes and other fasting ingredients. Since many spices are not added lots of fresh ingredients are added, which makes them so delicious. We love to have vrat ke aloo with some yogurt and fried potato chips. Aloo ki Sabji is a very easy and quick fasting recipe. During Navratri days dry aloo ki sabji can be eaten. In Vrat ka Khana we avoid to use table salt and use rock salt (Sendha namak). Vrat ke aloo recipe deserves a try because it is a
side dish for fasts
Vrat ke aloo reicpe is a
Recipe using potatoes: Boiled potatoes are used. During fasts pahari aloo are available and their taste is very nice. Prefer to use those for this recipe.
Spices: In Aloo Sabji I have used cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilli (some folks include and some don’t) and rock salt for spice. Some people use dry mango powder and chaat masala, but some not use. Navratri rules vary from community to community. You may include or exclude the spices accordingly.
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil.
2. In hot oil add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
3. Add 10-12 chopped cashews.
4. Stir it till cashew become light golden brown.
5. Now add 12-15 raisins.
6. Add 3 boiled and chopped potatoes.
7. Now add 1 green chilli slits, 1/2 inch grated ginger, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and salt according to taste.
8. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Cook till oil releases. Finish off with 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
10. Bon appetit! Serve with yogurt and farali potato chips.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback