Red chili garlic chutney is a hot and spicy spread which can pep up any meal. It needs a few ingredients and is ready in no time.
To balance the sharpness and add some tanginess I had added 1tomato, you can add lemon juice or dry mango powder (amchoor) or tamarind. You can also increase the heat of this chutney by adding more red chillies as per your taste. You can also add some ginger to it. This chutney can not only be used as a great accompaniment with the meals but also as a spread for sandwich, cheela, dosa etc.
1. Heat 1/2 cup water in a pan. Switch off the flame. Add 6-8 whole dry red chillies. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a grinder and the soaked and softened whole red chillies, 12-15 garlic cloves, I roughly chopped tomato, 1/2 tsp sugar and salt to taste.
3. Add little water to make a smooth paste.
4. In a pan heat 1 tsp oil. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds. Once they crackle add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder.
5. Add the chilli garlic paste and cook till the oil separates. Check the seasoning and consistency.
6. Serve red chilli garlic chutney as a dip with parantha or snacks.
PREP TIME 20-30 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30-40 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback