Instant wheat naan without yeast recipe is cushiony inside and crisp outside… made with a combination of wheat flour and all purpose flour… good for change, good for health. Typically, it is served hot and brushed with ghee or butter. It can be used to scoop other foods or served stuffed with a filling. Possible seasonings in the naan dough include cumin and nigella seeds.
Raisins and spices can be added to the bread to add to the flavour. Naan can also be covered with, or serve as a wrap for various toppings of meat, vegetables or cheeses.
1.Mix together 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 cup wheat flour, 1.5 tsp baking soda, pinch of salt, 1.5 tbsp oil and 1.5 cup curd (sour).
2. Bring it together. It will be very soft and unmanageable initially.
3. Start kneading the dough.
4. Using the heel of the palm.
5. Knead for 10-12 minutes.
6. Till it is smooth.
7. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, divide the dough in 8-10 balls.
9. Roll the ball, thicker than that of a chapatti.
10. Apply some garlic paste and coriander leaf on the naan using some water. You can instead incorporate the garlic paste while kneading the dough.
11. Apply some water on the other side
12. Heat a skillet and put naan with the side that has water on it.Bon appétit.
13. Cook on low to high flame till it gets bubbly.
14. Once it is cooked it will leave the skillet. Take it off and cook the other side on the gas flame.
15. Till nice golden brown.
16. Brush some butter on it.
17. Bon appétit.
PREP TIME 50 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 20 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback