Kachumber Raita Recipe
Kachumber raita is a colourful and textureful raita. Well I know textureful is no word but you know what I mean.
The best part about this raita is that you can please one and all by adding their favourite vegetables. It allows a lot of customization as far as vegetables and seasoning is concerned. You can add carrot, cabbage, bell peppers etc.
I use kachumber raita to pep up my boring meal or to wind up some left over vegetables lying in my refrigerator which can’t be converted into gravies or side dishes.
Ingredients for Kachumber Raita
- 2 cup yogurt well whisked
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 small potato boiled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber finely chopped
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Rock salt / black salt as per taste
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
How to make Kachumber Raita
1. Season yogurt
In a bowl take 2 cup well whisked curd. Add 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1/2 tsp powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder. Mix well.
2. Add vegetables
Add 1 finely chopped onion, 1 finely chopped tomato, 1 finely chopped cucumber, 1 boiled and chopped potato and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well.
3. Chill raita
Refrigerate kachumber raita for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add salt
Add black salt as per taste at the time of serving. Check the seasoning and consistency. Add salt/pepper/water if required.
5. Bon appetit
Enjoy kachumber raita with your meals making the boring ones interesting and the interesting ones even more interesting.
- You may also add boiled beetroot or spinach or bathua
- Menu idea: Vegetable dum biryani, kachumber raita, dhaba style paneer and tandoori roti.