Restaurant style rajma is creamy and delectable rajma recipe that doesn’t require more than 30 minutes or onions or garlic. Yes, it is a “no onion no garlic” rajma masala recipe” but is absolutely rich and flavourful. Rajma chawal as in rajma masala and rice is a staple Sunday lunch in most of the Punjabi households. However, rajma masala can also be served with chapattis, parathas etc
There is a variety of rajma available in the market. You can pick any rajma of your choice for this restaurant style rajma recipe. It’s a tomato based recipe. And believe me tomato puree does more justice to it instead of pureed tomatoes. Tomato puree makes the gravy absolutely smooth and silky. The gravy has been flavoured with finely chopped ginger and green chilli and dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi). Further to add richness to Restaurant Style Rajma recipe heavy cream has been added.
Other rajma recipe on the blog is one pot rajma etc.
1. To boil rajma: Pressure cook 1 cup rajma with 3 cups water and a pinch of baking soda.
2. Cook on high flame till first whistle and thereafter on low flame for 10-12 minutes or till rajma is soft and cooked.
3. To make spice mix: Dry roast 2 cloves (laung), 6-7 black pepper corns (sabut kali mirch), 1” piece of cinnamon (dal chini), 2 green cardamoms (chhoti elaichi), 1 black cardamom (badi elaichi) till aromatic.
4. Let the whole spices cool down. Grind to a fine powder using a pastel mortal or grinder.
5. To make gravy for rajma masala: Heat 2 tbsp oil. Add 1 bay leaf and cook till aromatic.
6. Add 1 cup tomato puree.
7. Cover and cook till oil oozes.
8. Add 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger and green chillies. Cook for 1 minute.
9. Add 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp coriander powder. Cook for 1 minute.
10. Add 2 tbsp heavy cream.
11. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
12. Add 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves. Cook for 30 seconds.
13. Add boiled rajma.
14. Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. Add water if required.
15. Add spice mix.
16. Add salt to taste. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
17. Finish off restaurant style rajma masala recipe with handful of dried fenugreek leaves, handful of chopped coriander leaves and little heavy cream.
18. Serve with jeera rice and sirke wala pyaaz. Bon appétit.
PREP TIME 10 minutes + 8-10 hours soaking time
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 25 minutes + 10 hours passive time
To boil Rajma
To make gravy
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback