Natural red food colour is basically dried beetroot powder. It can be used to give a brilliant colour to gravies etc. It is very simple to make and a great substitute for store bought red food colour.
To make natural red food colouring, we need good beetroots, which means fresh and large and red! It is important to plan to make natural red food colouring on a sunny day because we need to sun dry the beetroots which can be done only when the sun is bright.
1. Grate from the thick side of grater
2. Place all grated beetroot in a plate in sunlight to dry
3. When the beetroot is dry
4. Add dried beetroot to grinder jar
5. Make fine powder
6. To use, take little lukewarm water
7. Add beetroot powder in water, mix and use in gravies, cakes etc
8. Bon Appetit: Use red food colouring in dal makhani, paneer butter masala, pav bhaji etc.
PREP TIME Few hours
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME Few hours
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback