Lauki Raita Recipe – A mix of yogurt and grated bottle gourd, flavored with cumin and mint,a perfect summer season recipe.
Lauki ka raita needs bottle gourd and yogurt. For flavoring, I have added roasted cumin seeds and dried mint powder. Bottle gourd is very beneficial during summers. It has the cooling effect desired by our system during summers.
Serve lauki raita with any simple and light sabzi such as kakdi ki sabzi etc to make a wholesome meal.
1. Boil bottle gourd : In a pan heat 1/4 cup water. Add 1 grated bottle gourd. Boil for 1 minute or two. Let it cool down. Pass it through a strainer.
2. Add all ingredients in a bowl given above in the ingredients for lauki raita recipe : Take 2 cups yogurt in a bowl. Add black salt to taste, 1 tsp. roasted cumin seeds powder and 1 tsp mint leave powder.
Tips:Use cold yogurt.
3. Mix everything to get the perfect lauki ka raita
4. Bon appétit : Serve lauki ka raita chilled. before, after or with the meal ;).
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
1. Boil bottle gourd
2. Add all ingredients in a bowl
3. Mix everything
4. Bon appétit
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback