Hot chocolate mix is a powder which is used to make chocolaty, thick and droolsome hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is a hot chocolaty beverage. Hot chocolate mix comes very handy during the morning rush hours when kids have to go to school. Couple of spoons plus hot milk makes a cup of delicious hot chocolate to kick-start the day. Or at the end of a long day, just grab a mug and pour in some hot milk and add the hot chocolate mix. Slip in your blanket sipping the creamy hot chocolate and the fatigue will be all gone!
Did I mention, it is a great gift idea too. On birthdays or special occasion any kid would love to have a jar of hot chocolate mix. To pep it up, just top some marshmallows or chocolate chips.
Hot chocolate mix calls for handful of ingredients which includes sugar. I have used powdered sugar. Remember to measure 1/2 cup granulated sugar and then powder it. The most important ingredient is cocoa powder. Make sure to use the best quality of cocoa powder. DO NOT USE HOT CHOCOLATE POWDER INSTEAD OF COCOA POWDER. Little cornstarch is added for thicker consistency of hot chocolate. Milk powder has been added to get creamy hot chocolate. Addition of milk powder also allows you to prepare hot chocolate using water instead of milk. Although for really nice, thick and creamy hot chocolate I would recommend using milk.
1. Place a sieve on a mixing bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cup milk powder, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar (powdered), and 2 tsp cornstarch
2. Sieve and mix ingredients well
3. Ensure it is well mixed
4. Bon Appetit: To make a mug of hot chocolate, add 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix in the mug. Pour in some hot milk. Whisk well. Fill mug with more hot milk. Whisk to mix.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
• 1 and 1/2 cup milk powder
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
• 2 tsp cornstarch
1. Place a sieve on a mixing bowl. Add 1 and 1/2 cup milk powder, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar (powdered), and 2 tsp cornstarch.
2. Sieve and mix ingredients well.
3. Ensure it is well mixed.
4. Bon Appétit: To make a mug of hot chocolate, add 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix in the mug. Pour in some hot milk. Whisk well. Fill mug with more hot milk. Whisk to mix.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback