Homemade pav bhaji masala recipe with step by step pictures
What is Pav Bhaji Masala?
A mix of spices, that takes the simple boiled and mashed vegetables to an absolutely different level. That’s about the pav bhaji masala. The Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala is a blend of most simple spices, more importantly in the correct ratio and the freshness of homemade masala makes such a difference to the main dish.
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe
I believe that homemade spices mix is all about correct ingredients in the appropriate ratio. The masala adds enough heat and tanginess to the pav bhaji. It has a mix of red chilies and some whole spices other than the regular spices such as coriander seeds, cumin seeds etc. Dry mango powder, black salt add a good kick to the dish.
Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 5 Minutes
Serving 1 Cup
Ingredients for Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala
- 10 whole dry Kashmiri red chilies (sabut lal mirchi) broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds (dhania)
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 4 black cardamom (badi elaichi)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns (sabut kalimirch)
How to make pav bhaji masala at home
- Collect the ingredients.
Leave aside the powdered spices.
Dry roast the whole spices till aromatic.
Let the roasted whole spices cool down.
Once the spices cool down, grind them.
Grind them to a fine powder.
Mix the powdered spices with the powdered whole spices.
Mix them well.
Store in a container for future or instant use.
- Use pav homemade bhaji masala to make delicious pav bhaji at home.
Watch Video – Pav Bhaji Masala Powder Recipe
User Review( vote)