Cheesy stuffed mushroom is a delightful appetizer, very simple to make and loved by the ones who may not be fond of mushrooms. Button mushrooms are hollowed to fill in a paneer mixture thereafter coated with a cheesy mix and baked to prepare a mouthwatering snack. I am a mushroom lover. When I saw some leftover mushrooms in the refrigerator I thought of making cheesy mushrooms which “I thought” that others won’t be interested to eat, so once the cheesy stuffed mushrooms were ready and photographed and were still on the table, one by one they disappeared :D. And relished the next time I took no chances and prepared Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe.
I have used button mushrooms and a delectable stuffing to make cheesy stuffed mushrooms. The mushrooms have been hollowed and then used. This helped me to stuff them properly. The stuffing of paneer followed by the coating of cheese and hung curd made this recipe absolutely delicious.
Planning a party? Need more party starters? Check out vegetarian starters recipes collection here.
1. Prepare the mushrooms : Remove the stems and scoop out to hollow the mushrooms.
2. Prepare the filling : Take 1/4 cup grated cottage cheese, handful of chopped coriander, salt to taste and 1 tsp ginger garlic chilli paste. Mix everything properly.
3. Fill the mushrooms : Fill the paneer stuffing in the mushrooms.
4. Prepare the coating : Take 1/4 cup grated processed cheese, 1/4 cup hung curd, 1 tsp ginger garlic chili paste, 1 tbsp cornflour and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder. Mix everything well.
5. Coat the mushrooms : Coat mushrooms with the cheese coating.
6. Bake : Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes. Thereafter place the big chunks of processed cheese on the baked stuffed mushrooms.
7. Bake again : Again bake at 180°C for 3-4 minutes.
Tips:You may use mozzarella cheese for more cheesy stuffed mushrooms.
8. Bon appétit : Throw a party and prepare these to impress your guests ;).
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
For the filling:
For the coating:
1. Prepare the mushrooms
Remove the stems and scoop out to hollow the mushrooms.
2. Prepare the filling
Take 1/4 cup grated cottage cheese, handful of chopped coriander, salt to taste and 1 tsp ginger garlic chilli paste.
Mix everything properly.
3. Prepare the coating
Take 1/4 cup grated processed cheese, 1/4 cup hung curd, 1 tsp ginger garlic chili paste, 1/2 tbsp cornflour and 1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
Mix everything well.
Tip:- You may also add some white pepper powder and cardamom powder to enhance the flavours.
4. Fill the mushrooms
Fill the paneer stuffing in the mushrooms
5. Coat the mushrooms
Coat mushrooms with the cheese coating
Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes
Place the big chunks of processed cheese and again bake at 180°C for 3-4 minutes
8. Bon appétit
Enjoy cheesy mushrooms as a snack or party starter
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback