During summers, the choice of vegetables shrinks, especially as compared to the green winters. Lauki, fine lauki is available in abundance. I know that’s not very good news, as not many are fond of lauki. But you don’t need to make a boring lauki ki sabzi every time. There are many more palatable ways to include lauki in the diet. But why do we need to do that?
This veggie is rich in vitamins and mineral and dietary fibre and low in saturated fats is great for
1. People who watch their weight: Anything that is high in dietary fibre assists in weight loss.
2. The next advantage of being high in dietary fibre is that lauki helps to cure constipation.
3. It is easy to digest and therefore can be consumed by anyone with the poor digestive system or even kids or anyone recovering from illness. I still remember after an upset stomach my Mom used to make lauki ki sabzi with phulkas and believe me that too was heavenly.
4. It helps to keep the heart and liver healthy.
5. Lauki controls blood pressure and diabetes.
6. Bottle gourd keeps you away from depression etc and also regulates sleep.
What is Doodhi Muthia? Doodhi Muthia is a Gujarati snack. Doodhi Muthia are dumplings made using bottle gourd and flour, flavoured with ginger, chilli and tempered with mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Mutthi is a Hindi word that means fist. The dish is called because the dumplings are shap...View Recipe
What is lauki kofta curry?Lauki Kofta Curry is a preparation wherein bottle gourd dumplings are served in onion tomato based gravy flavored with ginger, green chilies, and fresh coriander.Let's talk about...View Recipe
What is Lauki Thepla? Flatbread from the state of Gujarat made using bottle gourd (lauki), whole wheat flour, gram flour, yogurt, and few spices. It is healthy bread as it includes vegetables etc. Thepla has a distinct texture, different from parathas. It is flaky at the same time it is so...View Recipe
What is lauki chana dal? A scrumptious combination of bottle gourd and chana dal which oozes with the flavors of garlic, ginger, green chilies along with the kick of garam masala is lauki chana dal. It is spicy and moderately tangy. It is a bit tough to associate words such as spicy, tangy...View Recipe
What is Lauki Poori? Lauki Poori is a deep fried Indian flat bread flavored with spices like carom seeds etc. This is a healthy recipe of poori as it includes bottle gourd i.e. lauki which not only add nutrients to the pooris but also add flavour and texture. Poori, like any poori, can be ...View Recipe
What is Lauki ka Raita Lauki Raita Recipe – A mix of yogurt and grated bottle gourd, flavored with cumin and mint,a perfect summer season recipe. Let's talk about the ingredients for Lauki ka Raita Lauki ka raita needs bottle gourd and yogurt. For flavoring, I have added roast...View Recipe
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback