Boiled pasta cooked in delish and creamy sauce which has slight sweetness of sugar with sharpness of pepper, is white sauce pasta. It is exactly the kind of white sauce pasta served at the Indian restaurants. The flavours are very subtle and well balanced. White sauce pasta can be served for light lunch or dinner or as snacks. It can be served with some garlic bread or without any accompaniments.
White sauce pasta calls for 2 things, pasta and white sauce. As regards the pasta you have lots of choice. Pick your favourite pasta. But as regards the white sauce, you have no choice at all. For the best results follow this recipe to the T. This is the basic white sauce pasta recipe. I have not added any cheese to it. You can add 2 tbsp grated cheese along with milk to make the white sauce pasta with cheese . Further you can garnish it with some grated cheese and bake it. You can add veggies such as broccoli, mushrooms etc. Always serve it hot as when it turns cold or comes to the room temperature it totally loses its beauty i.e. its creamy texture.
Similar recipes on the blog are easy cheesy pasta, this is 5 minutes pasta recipe, very simple and quick to make. You can find the recipe here. Another simple and flavourful pasta recipe is masala macaroni. Find it here.
1.Heat 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add 1 tbsp butter.
3. Add 1 & ½ tbsp all purpose flour (maida).
4. Cook on low flame till it is frothy (40-50 seconds). Once the froth subsides, proceed with the next step.
5. Add 1 & ½ cup milk. Stir it continuously.
6. Add 1 tsp sugar, salt to taste and ¼ tsp white pepper powder.
7. Cook till the sauce thickens. This will take 4-5 minutes on low flame.
8. Add ½ tsp oregano.
9. Add ¼ tsp red chili flakes.
10. Add boiled pasta.
11. Cook for 2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency.
12. Serve hot.Bon appétit!
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil.
2. Add 1 tbsp butter.
3. Add 1.5 tbsp all purpose flour.
4. Cook on low flame till it remains frothy (40-50 seconds).
5. Add 1.5 cup milk. Stir it continuously.
6. Add 1 tsp sugar.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Add 1/4 tsp white pepper powder.
9. Cook till the sauce thickens. This will take 4-5 minutes on low flame.
10. Add the boiled pasta.
11. Add 1/2 tsp oregano.
12. Add 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes.
13. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Check the seasoning and consistency.
14. Bon appétit.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback