Restaurant Style Tomato Soup recipe with step by step pictures
What is restaurant style soup?
Restaurant Tomato soup is rich, smooth and creamy tomato soup which has gorgeous red colour and silky texture. Restaurant style dishes are about their look and texture. And this easy tomato soup recipe is all about the perfect colour and texture and of course taste!
Let’s talk about the ingredients for restaurant style tomato soup recipe
Tomatoes, correct tomatoes are critical for any tomato soup recipe. Choose long, red and juicy tomatoes, also known as salad tomatoes, which are not very tangy and give a nice red colour. Further the colour has been enhanced by adding beetroot. It is a silent ingredient, just infuses its colour and that’s it! Carrot also has been added which not only enhances the colour of the soup but also gives it some sweetness, natural sweetness. Soups at restaurants are slightly sweet, so a teaspoon of sugar has been added, however, it is absolutely optional and totally depends on the tomatoes used. Garlic paste gives a good hint. And for the richness, heavy cream has been added. For little heat, freshly ground black pepper corns are added while finishing the soup, (finishing as in finishing the making of soup).
Restaurant Style Tomato Soup Recipe
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||10 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
Ingredients for restaurant tomato soup recipe
¼ cup bottle gourd (lauki), chopped
2 big chunks of beetroot
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
½ tsp garlic paste
Salt to taste
2 tbsp heavy cream
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp sugar (optional)
How to make restaurant style tomato soup
- Make a cross at the bottom of tomatoes. Put them in boiling water. Boil for 3-4 minutes, till the skin starts coming off.
- Transfer to ice cold water. And leave them for 3-4 minutes. (Tip: This is blanching of tomatoes. It cooks the tomatoes, retaining its nutrients and colour).
- Take out the tomatoes. Peel and chop them. (Remove the eye of tomatoes).
- Transfer chopped tomatoes to a saucepan. Along with that add ¼ cup chopped bottle gourd (lauki), 2 big chunks of beetroot, ½ tsp garlic paste, 1 peeled and chopped carrot. Add 1 cup water.
- Add in salt to taste.
- Let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. The tomatoes should become absolutely mushy.
- Let it cool. Transfer to a blender jar. Blend till smooth.
- Pass through strainer. And discard the skin and seeds (obviously).
- Transfer to sauce pan. Let it simmer. Add ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper.
- Check the consistency and seasoning. It required add 1 tsp sugar.
- Finish off soup with some heavy cream and serve hot. Bon appétit.
- You can add in ginger for flavour.
- You can add in an onion for some body and flavour.