Tandoori chutney is a dip that is made using coriander leaves, mint leaves, lemon etc. It has a typical flavor and a different and bright green color. Tandoori chutney is also known as curd/dahi chutney as even yogurt (dahi) is added. This particular chutney has a peculiar kick to it. There is a special ingredient that goes in. This is the kind of chutney we get at Indian restaurants with most of the grilled snacks.
This recipe calls for some green chutney. You may choose your recipe for making green chutney or learn it here. Then comes yogurt, one ingredient that makes all the difference. Also comes vinegar that ingredient which gives it the kick and makes it the kind of green chutney as we get at the restaurants. Although I have mentioned the quantities, you can adjust the same as per your taste. For that typical green color, food coloring is used. However, it is completely optional.
Other specific green chutney on the blog is the chutney for sandwiches etc. There are separate chutneys for chaat. View them here.
1. Mix all the ingredients : In a mixing bowl add 1 cup green chutney, ½ cup yogurt, ¼ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder, 1 tsp vinegar.
Tips: Start with adding ½ tsp vinegar. The quantity required depends on the tanginess of other ingredients and your taste.
2. Add in green food coloring : Add green food coloring as much required.
3. Taste and adjust : Mix everything well. Taste and adjust.
4. Bon appétit : Serve with snacks and appetizers.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
• 1 cup green chutney
• 1/2 cup yogurt VERY well whisked
• 1/2 to 1 tsp vinegar
• ¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
• Green food coloring, as required (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients
In a mixing bowl add 1 cup green chutney, ½ cup yogurt, ¼ kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp vinegar.
Tip: Start with adding ½ tsp vinegar. The quantity required depends on the tanginess of other ingredients and your taste.
2. Add in green food colouring
Add green food colouring as required.
3. Taste and adjust
Mix everything well. Taste and adjust.
4. Bon appétit
Serve with snacks and appetizers.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback