Sprinkle sandwich is a very appealing sandwich which is drastically simple to make. To me, it is a presentation idea instead of recipe. A basic bread butter or bread jam is taken to another level with some sprinkles. After all, everything is better with sprinkles. It is a great tiffin option for the kids. My kids’ eyes get bigger when they open the tiffin and find these sandwiches there. These sandwiches remind me of my childhood when I used to have a buttered slice with some sugar on it… yum yum!!
It calls for a sandwich and some sprinkles. Seriously, simple butter slice can be converted into a sandwich with little efforts and sprinkles. I love to make basic bread-butter, bread-jam or bread and cheese cream sandwiches and add sprinkles to them. They add a hint of sweetness to the sandwich so decide accordingly. We can’t add sprinkles in a vegetable sandwich, obviously.
Another very simple recipe that is a treat for the eyes and palate and a winner amongst kids is chocolate coated oreos. View the recipe here. Further, you might like our collection of sandwich recipes. View them here.
1. Get ready with the bread slices and the cookie cutters you plan to use.
2. For one sandwich, 2 bread slices are used. Use your creativity and make pattern on one of the slices.
3. Apply butter on both the bread slices.
4. Add some sprinkles on the one slice without pattern and cover with other buttered slice having the pattern.
5. Pack sprinkle sandwiches for your kids’ tiffins.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
1. Get set go
Get ready with the bread slices and the cookie cutters you plan to use.
2. Cut shapes
Use your creativity and cut the slices into desired shapes.
3. Apply butter
Apply butter on the bread slices.
4. Add sprinkles and pack the sandwich
Add some sprinkles and cover with other buttered/jammed slice
Tip: Do not use very hard and big sprinkles. Use tiny and soft ones. You may also use colored sugar.
5. Bon appétit
Pack sprinkle sandwiches for your kids’ tiffins.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback