Pinwheel sandwich is a cute and colorful sandwich wherein bread is rolled along with some spread and vegetables. It is a cold sandwich, at least this particular recipe is. There is no need to grill or cook these sandwiches. You can use the spread or dressing as well as vegetables of your choice. Pinwheel sandwiches make a great option for kids’ tiffin or evening snacks or picnic snacks.
Pinwheel sandwich needs, or if I put it correctly, to make pinwheel sandwich you will need, bread, spread, seasoning, and vegetables. You can use brown, white or black bread. Basically any bread of your choice. Make sure it is fresh and soft and not crumbly. I have used salted butter and seasoning such as freshly ground black pepper and oregano. Further, I have also used a cheese slice and among the vegetables, I have used lettuce and carrot. I used 3 bread slices to make one roll.
1. Roll the bread slice till it is thin. Put water on the edge of the slice. Place another bread slice where you have put water. Roll again, such that the slices stick together. Repeat for the third slice. By the end you will have a long bread slice consisting of 3 bread slices.
2. Apply butter on the slices, followed by green chutney. P.S. I missed clicking the picture while applying chutney.
3. Put the lettuce leaves. Add freshly crushed black pepper and salt. Put cheese slices. Add grated carrot. Add salt to taste and season with some oregano.
4. Now tightly roll the slices. Pack in a cling film. Refrigerate the roll for 30 minutes or till the roll is firm.
5. Cut the roll into roundels of desired thickness.
6. Serve pin wheel sandwiches for breakfast or kid’s tiffin or snacks.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME Nil
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
• 3 bread slices, sides trimmed
• 1.5 tbsp butter, at room temperature
• 1.5 tsp green chutney
• 3 lettuce leaves
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper for seasoning
• ½ cup grated carrot
• Oregano for seasoning
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback