Papad Methi ki Sabji is a side dish which has very distinct flavors of soft and subtle papad and sharp dana methi i.e. fenugreek seeds. It has a yogurt based gravy with a hint of garlic and ginger and heat of red chili and green chilies. Papad methi ki sabji doesn’t need any special breads. You can serve it with simple fulka i.e. chapati and that’s it. However, if served with parathas and curd it can be a main course gravy. So papad methi ki sabji deserves a try because it is a
healthy Indian gravy recipe
Rajasthani Dana Methi Papad is a
Recipe using papad- You may use any papad that you have or you like. I have used Bikaji papad. I have roasted the papad and added to the gravy. You may also boil or deep fry them. However, if you decide to boil them make sure they don’t turn mushy
Recipe using fenugreek seeds- Fenugreek seeds have lots of health benefit but it is very difficult to use in dishes because of its sour taste. However, this recipe cooks fenugreek seeds in such a way that they taste good and add an awesome flavor to the dish.
Other ingredients- Papad methi ki sabji has been prepared in onion garlic and yogurt based gravy. To cut the sharpness of the dish little jaggery is added. However, you may skip it.
Other Rajasthani recipes on the blog are Dal dhokli, Sev Tamatar etc.
1. In a grinding jar, add 1 chopped onion, 8 garlic clove, 1 inch ginger, and 1 green chilli
2. Make a paste
3. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan
4. Add paste in hot oil
5. Cook on low flame till brown
6. While the paste cooks, take a mixing bowl and add 1 cup yogurt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 red chilli powder, 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder and 1/2 cornflour. And mix well.
7. Add curd mix in the cooked onion paste
8. 1 medium size onion, roughly chopped 8-9 garlic cloves 1-inch ginger, roughly chopped 1 green chili, roughly chopped 3 tbsp oil 1 cup yogurt (dahi) 1/2 tsp red chili powder 1/2 turmeric powder 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder 1 tsp cornflour Water as required 1/2 sugar or as per taste (optional) Salt to taste 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi) 4 roasted papad
9. Add water as required and cook
10. Add salt to taste
11. Now add 1/2 tsp sugar or as per taste
12. Add 4 roasted papad
13. Cook for 2-3 minutes
14. While the gravy is getting ready, pressure cook 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds in 1/2 cup water for 2-3 whistles
15. Check, it should be soft
16. Add cooked fenugreek seeds to the prepared sabji. Do not add the water, add only the seeds
17. Bon appetit Serve papad methi ki sabji with chapatis and lehsun ki chutney
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 15-20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 25-30 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback