Missi roti is Indian flat bread which has a distinct texture and lot more flavours than the regular roti or chapatti. It is often ordered at the restaurant and dhabas. Although it is super easy and simple to make at home! I never liked the rotis served at restaurants or dhabas because I found them too dry. So I thought of making a softer version of the rotis. This recipe gives very flavourful and soft roti. Missi roti can be served with any spicy Indian gravies, however, their favorite accompaniment is dals. Do try this recipe as it is
Recipe for Indian breads
Missi roti calls for whole wheat flour and gram flour. It is the ratio of these two that is critical. There are recipes using the two flours in equal proportion. However, I have used 2 parts of whole wheat flour and 1 part of gram flour.
There are a number of ways of flavoring roti. A number of spices as well as fresh ingredients can be added. I have used carom seeds, red chili powder, cumin seeds, dry fenugreek leaves to flavor roti. Amongst the fresh ingredients, I have used onions and coriander. To make the rotis soft I have added little oil as well as yogurt.
1. Mix all ingredients except water.
2. Add water gradually.
3. Make the soft and smooth dough.
4. Take lemon size portion on a rolling surface.
5. Roll into a chapatti. Thicker but smaller than the regular chapattis.
6. Put on a hot skillet. Roast on low-medium flame.
7. Roast both the sides till light brown patches appear.
8. Cook on gas flame till puffed and done.
9. Grease with clarified butter /ghee.
10. Bon Appétit! Serve with dal fry and tamatar dhaniya ka shorba.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 20 minutes
1. Mix all ingredients except water
2. Add water gradually
3. Make soft and smooth dough
4. Take lemon size portion on a rolling surface
5. Roll into a chapatti. Thicker but smaller than the regular chapattis
6. Put on a hot skillet. Roast on low-medium flame
7. Roast both the sides till light brown patches appear
8. Cook on gas flame till puffed and done
9. Bon Appétit: Serve with dal fry and tamatar dhaniya ka shorba
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback