Methi thepla is a healthy Gujarati flatbread made using whole wheat flour, gram flour and of course fresh fenugreek leaves. Methi thepla is a variation to the methi paratha commonly made in North India. It can be served for breakfast or light lunch. Methi thepla can be served with curd or a cup of tea. However, because of the sharpness of methi that it carries, it tastes best with some sweet pickle such as chhunda.
Methi thepla recipe is a
Methi recipe: fresh fenugreek leaves i.e. methi should be included in the diet for its health benefits. Thepla is an easy way of doing that.
Other ingredients: Methi thepla is somewhat crispier than the parathas we make. Gram flour gives it that texture. However, if you want your thepla soft, omit the gram flour. Apart from that, some fresh ingredients such as ginger and chili and simple spices are used to make methi thepla.
1. Take a parat or big bowl and add 1cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup gram flour (besan) and 1 tsp oil
2. Add 1/2 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain), 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) and salt to taste and mix well
3. Add 1 tsp grated ginger, 1 green chili paste and 1/2 cup chopped methi leaves
4. Mix well and add 1/4 cup yogurt
5. Now combine all the ingredients using water
6. Knead a soft dough
7. Cover it and keep aside for 10-15 minutes
8. After 15-20 minutes, again knead the dough for 1-2 minutes
9. Divide the dough into equal parts and make small balls
10. Take a dough ball, and keep it on the center of the rolling board, and roll it with the help of rolling pin
11. Heat a tawa and put thepla on it
12. Once light brown patches appear, flip and cook from the other side
13. Apply 1/2 tsp oil on each side and cook on low to medium flame
14. Till thepla has dark brown patches and is golden brown from both the sides
15. Bon Appetit: Serve methi thepla with fresh yogurt
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback