Fried papad topped with chopped vegetables seasoned with chaat masala and lemon juice, this simple dish can give nice kick to any simple meal. Generally to make masala papad, papad is deep fried. However in this recipe the papad has been fried in a pan with few drops of oil and the result was fantastic. I never felt the need to try masala papad recipe with deep fried papad. Do try this recipe as it is a
restaurant style recipe
5 minutes starter recipe
Masala papad, as the name suggests calls for
Papad: I have used urad dal papad. You may use any papad that you may like, just make sure it doesn’t get soggy soon.
Masala: The role of masala is basically done by simplest of vegetables. I have used onions and tomato. You can play with the vegetables of your choice. I have discarded the seeds and tomatoes. Also do not use very ripe tomato. Use a stiff one.
1.To make 1 masala papad, heat a pan. Add few drops of oil, 1/2 tsp approximately
2. Roast papad on low flame
3. Press papad with a spatula
4. Flip and cook from the other side too
5. Till both the sides are cooked and crisp
6. Place the papad in plate and let it cool down
7. Sprinkle chopped onion and seedless tomato (1 tbsp each)
8. Sprinkle chaat masala and red chilli powder as per your taste
9. Finis off with fresh chopped coriander leaves
10. Bon Appetit Serve Masala Papad with dal fry and aloo paratha
PREP TIME 05 minutes
COOK TIME 05 minutes
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback
You should take part in a contest for one of the greatest sites on the net.
I will highly recommend this site!