Khoya Kaju Recipe is rich Indian curry. It consists of roasted cashews i.e. kaju in smooth and flavourful gravy. Bite of crisp kaju in silky gravy is absolutely delighful and khoya i.e. evaporated milk provide an awesome texture to the dish. It is a distinct main course preparation. Kaju curry can be prepared occasionally for birthday party, family functions, festivals. Khoya kaju curry recipe deserves a try becase it is
is a rich and heavy India gravy recipe
gravy recipe with cashews
Khoya Kaju curry calls for:
Cashews and khoya– Cashews are roasted till crisp and they taste so good in the gravy. Khoya, here I have used store bought khoya. However you may make khoya at home. You may also use instant khoya.
Other ingredients– Rich gravy using onion, tomatoes, whole spices, cashews etc. For the gravy, I have used broken cashew. A very special ingredient khoya/mawa is also added to the gravy. Generally, mawa is used to make Indian sweets and desserts but in this gravy provides the texture to the dish.
1. Heat 3/4 cup water.
2. Add 1 medium size chopped onion, 1/3 cup broken cashew nuts, 3 green chilies chopped, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 inch cinnamon stick, 1/2 inch ginger, 2 black pepper corns.
3. Cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes onions and other ingredients are soft.
5. Let it cool and then put in a grinder and make a smooth paste.
6. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil and add 1 tbsp butter.
7. Add bay leaf and 2 cloves. Let the spices be aromatic.
8. Add onion paste.
9. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
10. The onion paste shall come together.
11. Add 1 cup water or as per desired consistency.
12. Let it simmer
13. Add 1/4 cup grated khoya. Mix and simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
14. Add salt(according to taste) and 1/2 tsp sugar.
15. Check the consistency and seasoning of gravy.
16. Add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder. Keep the gravy aside for now.
17. Roast whole cashews, for that heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan.
18. Add 1 cup cashews.
19. Cook on low flame till golden brown.
20. Add to the prepared gravy.
21. Bon appétit, Serve khoya kaju curry with butter or garlic naan.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
For onion paste
For Kaju curry
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback