Idli fries are a wonderful idea to use the leftover idlis. These are super crispy and crunchy. Chaat masala gives the required kick to the fries. This is the very good option for the mini tini hunger pranks. These fries can be prepared in no time at all. And we need hardly any ingredients for, except some leftover idlis of course!
As I just mentioned that this is the recipe for leftover idli and leftover idlis is all we need for this recipe. So that doesn’t need a special mention. I have used instant sooji idlis to make. You may use any leftover idlis. Ensure to refrigerate the idlis before frying. This gives the best fries. Further, I have sprinkled some chaat masala. It adds the required tanginess.
1. Cut idlis : Refrigerate idlis for an hour at least.
2. Cut them into fries, 1” broad.
3. Fry idlis : Heat enough oil. Check if it is hot.
4. Fry idli fries on a medium flame till golden brown
5. Sprinkle chaat masala : Sprinkle chaat masala when the idli fries are hot
6. Bon appétit : Serve hot with some tomato ketchup
PREP TIME 05 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
1. Cut idlis
Refrigerate idlis for an hour at least. Cut them into fries, 1” broad.
2. Fry idlis
Heat enough oil. Check if it is hot. Fry idli fries on a medium flame till golden brown.
3. Sprinkle chaat masala
Sprinkle chaat masala when the fries are hot.
4. Bon appétit
Serve hot with some tomato ketch up.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback