Green chutney for sandwiches is a spread made using coriander, green chilli and in this recipe, raw mangoes for tanginess. Little water is added to grind the chutney. The addition of water makes the chutney thinner which is not very apt for applying on the bread slices. In this, we will be using broken wheat (dalia) which gives an awesome texture to the chutney. It makes green chutney smooth and spreadable and there are many types of green chutney for chaat.
I know above I have done this. However talking more about the ingredients, I have used raw mangoes to make this chutney as I was making during summers. You may add lemon juice instead. The chillies should be added as per your taste and heat of chillies. Likewise raw mangoes too… Not as per their heat but, as per their tanginess. I like to use black salt to make chutney instead of regular one. You may also use rock salt. Our star is broken wheat (dalia). Make sure to roast dalia. Adding it raw will ruin your chutney. And for more info, you can visit how to make green chutney
Other chutneys on the blog are
Green chutney (summer special), garlic chilli chutney, coconut chutney etc.
How to use Green chutney for sandwiches
Bombay veg sandwich, besan chilla sandwich, bread pakora etc.
1. Dry roast broken wheat : Add 2 tbsp broken wheat in a pan. Dry roast on low flame till golden brown.
2. Grind all the ingredients : In a grinder jar add roughly chopped 2 cups coriander, 3-4 green chilled, 1/2 raw mango and black salt to taste. Further, add roasted broken wheat.
3. Grind till smooth : Grind using minimum water till smooth.
Tips:Never over grind chutneys. They might get sour.
4. Bon appétit : Spread on a bread slice and enjoy.
PREP TIME 30 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 60 minutes
• 2 cups coriander /cilantro, roughly chopped
• 3-4 green chillies, roughly chopped
• ½ small raw mango, roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp broken wheat (dalia)
• Black salt to taste
• Water as required
1. Dry roast broken wheat
Add 2 tbsp broken wheat in a pan. Dry roast it on low flame till golden brown.
2. Grind all the ingredients
In a grinder jar add roughly chopped 2 cups coriander, 3-4 green chilled, 1/2 raw mango and black salt to taste. Further, add roasted broken wheat.
3. Grind till smooth
Grind using minimum water till smooth.
Tip: Never over grind chutneys. They might get sour.
4. Bon appétit
Spread on a bread slice and enjoy.
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback