Gobhi Keema Recipe with step by step pictures and recipe video
What is Gobhi Keema?
Gobhi keema is a dry side dish made with minced cauliflower, peas and spices. Winters, when cauliflower is in abundance, it is very helpful (rather indispensable, if you have choosy kids) to know different recipes with cauliflower. My list includes Punjabi Aloo Gobhi, Sindhi gobhi, Gobhi ke Paranthe, gobhi ke Pakora etc. Gobhi keema recipe however, is my favourite. Gobhi keema recipe deserves atry because it is
- Recipe using cauliflower
- Indian side dish recipe such as fried baby potatoes
Let’s talk about the ingredients for Gbhi Keema Recipe
I have prepared gobhi keema with onions and some basic spices. You can also add tomatoes or curd. Further for the flavoring you can add garlic or dry fenugreek leaves etc. I have used a lot of ginger because it tastes awesome with cauliflower… I mean cauliflower tastes awesome with ginger.
Gobhi Keema Recipe
Minced cauliflower cooked with peas and spices to make a delicious and unique cauliflower recipe – GOBHI KEEMA
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
|Total time||25 minutes|
Ingredients for Gobhi Keema Recipe
- 1 medium size cauliflower (phool gobhi) coarsely grated or finely shredded
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup green peas boiled with some salt and sugar
- 1 and 1/2 inch ginger grated /finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp asafetida (heeng)
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango (amchoor) powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Handful of chopped coriander
How to Make Gobhi Keema
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add 1/2 tsp asafoetida. Add 1 cup chopped onions. Cook for 2 minutes on low flame or till onions brown.
2. Add 1 and 1/2 inch grated ginger and cook for a minute on a low flame. Add 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder and 1/2 tsp dry mango powder. Cook for 30 seconds. The aroma of cooked onions, ginger and spices… this is the wow moment of this recipe.
3. Now add the cauliflower. Add 2 green chillies finely chopped. Add salt to taste and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes till cauliflower softens.
4. Add 1/2 cup boiled green peas. Mix well. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add 3/4 tsp garam masala powder and handful of chopped coriander.
6. Bon appetit: Check for the doneness seasoning. Serve gobhi keema with tawa chapati or parantha and boondi raita.
- You can add other vegetables like capsicum, carrot etc.
- Menu idea- Gobhi keema, rajma masala, jeera rice, Boondi Raita and parantha.
Watch Video – Gobhi Keema Recipe | Cauliflower Recipes | How to Make Gobhi Masala