A relatively healthier… flavoured with coconut… soft and moist best semolina cake recipe ever!! One recipe I don’t need in black n white. I always remember it because its very simple. The recipe calls for all the ingredients in the same quantity… except baking powder and vanilla extract, obviously.
Eggless Coconut Sooji Cake recipe has one cup oil… which is more as compared to other cake recipes, but the cake was not oily at all.Also the quantity of baking powder is 1 tbsp that is on a higher side.But I followed the recipe without any doubts and was absolutely pleased with the cake I got. The eggless suji cake recipe paid me for believing in it
Cinnamon, cardamom, nuts, tutti fruti… feel free to play with the flavours.
1. Collect and measure all the ingredients.
2. Prepare the baking tin. I used a 8″ square cake tin. In order to avoid an oily bottom of the cake, spread some rice in the cake tin.
3. Then line the tin with a greased parchment paper. And preheat the oven to 180⁰C (160⁰C in case of convection/fan ovens).
4. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients i.e. 1 cup sooji, 1 cup maida, 1 cup desiccated coconut, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup curd, 1 cup milk, 1 cup oil, 1 tbsp baking powder and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
5. Mix everything gently.
6. Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake at 180⁰C (160⁰C in case of convection/fan ovens) for 35-40 minutes or till it’s done. Once it’s done let it cool and then de-mould it.
8. Let it cool completely.
9. Garnish with desiccated coconut and serve.
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback