Baby potatoes cooked in a scrumptious gravy is dum aloo. The gravy is smooth and flavorsome. Dum aloo is a classy potato preparation. Dum aloo can be prepared for special dinners or for weekend meals. Dum aloo can be served with simple chapati, paratha, naan or jeera rice.
Dum aloo recipe calls for
baby potatoes: you may use regular potatoes. just cut them in the desired size.
other ingredients: dum aloo calls for plenty of ingredients which includes spices, whole and powdered. apart from that onion, tomatoes and yogurt are used for the gravy.
1.Pressure cook 8-10 baby potatoes with 1/2 tsp salt
2. Cook potatoes till they are just done. Peel and poke with a fork
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil
4. Add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and once they crackle add powdered spices 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 fenugreek leaves powder
5. Cook for 30 seconds
6. Add boiled and poked potatoes
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Potatoes are ready. Keep aside
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil
2. Add whole spices 1-inch cinnamon stick, 6 cloves and 4 cardamoms. Cook for 30 seconds
3. Add 1 sliced onion
4. Cook till translucent
5. Add 6-8 chopped garlic cloves. Cook for 1 minute
6. Add 1 chopped tomato
7. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy
8. Add 1 inch chopped ginger and 1 green chilli and cook for 1 minute
9. Add 12-15 cashews
10. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes
11. Take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool
12. Add mixture in a grinder jar
13. Make a smooth paste
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil
2. Add 1 bay leaf
3. Add prepared paste
4. Cook till oil oozes
5. Add 1/2 cup yogurt
6. Stir/whisk continuously
7. Cook till it oil oozes
8. Add 2 cups water or as required
9. Add salt to taste
10. Add prepared potatoes and simmer for 5-7 minutes
11. Bon Appetit
PREP TIME 30minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour
To cook potatoes
To fry potatoes
To make gravy
To prepare gravy
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil.
2. Add whole spices 1-inch cinnamon stick, 6 cloves and 4 cardamoms. Cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add 1 sliced onion.
4. Cook till translucent.
5. Add 6-8 chopped garlic cloves. Cook for 1 minute.
6. Add 1 chopped tomato.
7. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
8. Add 1 inch chopped ginger and 1 green chilli and cook for 1 minute.
9. Add 12-15 cashews.
10. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Take out the mixture in a plate and let it cool.
12. Add mixture in a grinder jar.
13. Make a smooth paste.
To make dum aloo
To make Dum Aloo Recipe
Please rate us and share your valuable feedback